Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: High chairs

Registered Childminder since
    Nov02
    Post Thanks / Like

Default High chairs

I look after 2 little boys, twins, aged 2 and I have one highchair and then a seat that attaches to the main chairs in the kitchen. To be honest the high chair is a nuisance always getting in the way in the main kitchen but both chairs keep the children restrained when they are eating.

What does everyone else use for this age group? Is it wise to consider reverting to the main chairs in the kitchen - I just think they are too low for them to sit up at the main table as yet and am wondering whether to invest in a second seat that attaches to the main chairs in the kitchen - problem with these is that the tray at front either has to be taken off for the chair to sit in below the table or they are sitting out from the table and you trip over the legs!

My mindees do not have access to the kitchen - there is a gate between this room and the living room but it is getting movement around the kitchen - the lower end with the high chair and other chair is just a no go area and it really is driving me nuts. I cannot bring in a smaller table to the kitchen as there is not enough room in the place!

Apr 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: High chairs

I use the black/blue travel seats from tescos. They are about £20. You can also blow them up a bit to make them taller.

I also use a car booster seat for my 4 year old.

x

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the Ikea cheapy high chair. If you have more than one then you can stack them when not in use. YOu can buy a tray to fit on them and an inflatable cushion for children that can't support themselves. They are under £15 for the everything.

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been through just about every type of chair for little ones I finally found the ikea ones that chelle mentioned and they are great. They are quite compact and can either stack with legs on - or if you are really short of space the legs unclip quickly and the seats can stack together on a shelf. They can push up to the table so the kids can be 'big' kids or have trays for the little ones. And best of all, no little nooks and crannies for grotty food waste to hide in.
    I finally found chairs that worked great for me and now I am not going to be looking after little ones any more! Typical lol.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a child-size folding table and chairs in the kitchen - but you need space for that and the children aren't restrained, so probably not what you wanted.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Twinklestars Guest

Quote Originally Posted by miffy View Post
    I have a child-size folding table and chairs in the kitchen - but you need space for that and the children aren't restrained, so probably not what you wanted.

Miffy xx
    I had one of these for my now 5 year old from about 2, he had a hard one and a folding one, it was great for outside to eat and he loved to have his tea at the one inside, but they wouldn't be restrained

july 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

For the last 3 weeks I have been using the plastic tables and chairs for my mindees. I have 4 together, the youngest is 22 months and the oldest 2.5, I have no problems with them not being restrained. They are learning quickly that they wait at the table when finished until hands are washed. Ithink it makes them feel more grown up and it's much more sociable for them.

Dec 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the IKEA ones as well - they are brill to keep clean and stack. Also I have a booster on a chair too but if I had any more there'd be no where for me to sit!

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I use plastic booster seats from Babies R Us they are brilliant. really easy to put on and take off normal chairs and moulded so easy to clean with no stupid crevices (like the ones I used to use ). I have DD aged 2 and half and then 2 x 2yr olds and they all use them. I have tried them eating in the garden a few times lately using the little table and bench set but they kept running off before they had properly finished their food. At least if they are restrained even if they think they have had enough they will usually eat a bit more after a few minutes because they can't just get down and play.

xxxxx

Dec 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have two of the cosatto folding highchairs http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/...90_10001_14636 like the ones in this link but in zoo print and i only paid £45 each for mine :-)
    I also have 3 of the inflatable booster seats to use at the dining room table when i have slightly older children (18 months +) http://www.mothercare.com/Baby-Polar...62041&mcb=core like these but the blue ones :-) x