Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    July 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default NVQ assessor visit

Hi all

I've put this in here rather than the 'training' section cos there's more of you in here at the mo, and I was hoping for an answer asap (fingers crossed).

My NVQ assessor is coming to see me in the morning, and I have NO IDEA what to expect/what she expects of me etc. I think it's just an initial meeting/informal chat about the course, and what I will be doing etc, but have any of you had this and what do I need to have together, if anything? She was supposed to email me some activities to complete, but still hasn't after a reminder from me, so who knows (hopefully you guys.....)

Thanks everyone

Hels xx

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: NVQ assessor visit

Hi

I am doing an NVQ3 and had an assessor visit recently. I am doing my course online and am nearly finished so she tried to cram all her observations of me into one visit, so it may not be the same situation as you.

However in answer to your question she looked at my parent file including policies, risk assessments etc She also looked at my files of observations and assessments of the children and watched me with the children. I wouldn't worry too much as I am sure she will explain what is required when she comes but it may be worthwhile just having the paperwork ready just in case.

I would also display your certificate if you do not have it up already along with a fire evacuation plan if you have one.

Good luck hope it goes well.

aly Guest

you can do as ritaroo suggested with your paperwork etc but she will view it all again over time when certain things are picked up.

really she will need to make sure your nvq file is in the correct order etc and probably do some planning with you to do obs etc.

Good luck and hope it goes ok

xx

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully she's coming to plan out how you're going to do your nvq - which units (if you've not already picked them) and the order you're going to do them in. Then she should give you some idea of what she wants to observe next time she comes

Good luck

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!