Another thing - gas safety check?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    APR 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Another thing - gas safety check?

Hello me again, sorry

Do you know the gas boiler check we have done does this need to be done yearly? Mine expired end of March (I thought May!) and I cant afford to get it checked until the end of May!

With my inspection looming Im worried this is bad bad bad!

aly Guest

Default Re: Another thing - gas safety check?

We have a sefrvice thingy with british gas {even though we are with swalec} its only so much a month..why not do it that way?

June 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have never heard of boiler checks?!!!

I was never asked in my inspection?? Would that not mean that all your electricals would have to be PAT tested??

x Sarah x

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Twinkletime is in Wales so we have different regulations. The National Minimum Standards require you to have an annual boiler check and to produce the certificate. I would get one booked for when you know you can afford it and then make a note in your diary or whatever you use. This way you can prove to the inspector that you are aware and are dealing with it.

APR 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again for everyones reply

apr 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I was never asked whether I had my boiler checked regularly when the inspector came round or by the Network co-ordinator, is this something that they would normally do? Think I had better make sure I keep up with the regular service, if anything goes wrong with our boiler it is normally fixed through a grant as I have a disabled daughter

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dawn37 View Post
    I was never asked whether I had my boiler checked regularly when the inspector came round or by the Network co-ordinator, is this something that they would normally do? Think I had better make sure I keep up with the regular service, if anything goes wrong with our boiler it is normally fixed through a grant as I have a disabled daughter
    On the documentation list for the Network there is a requirement for Gas safety certificate checks. Unless it has changed since I did it.