Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    jan 95
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Just been sacked !!!!!

After crying for the last half hour, Im now just tamping mad at the rudeness of the man.

Started settling in sessions for mindee a few months ago. She came nearly week for 2 hours at a time and mother was very pleased with everything

She started full-time with me last Tuesday (after the bank holiday) and I had her for four days. As far as I was concerned the week had gone well, baby was happy and settled, she was eating her dinners for me which had been one of my concerns.

Father arrived yesterday to say that she wouldnt be coming that day as she had come down with a cold over the weekend and was at the doctors. He commented on my ds (18 month) who also came down with a cold over the weekend and asked if he was prone to illness, to which I told him no

Father again turned up today and said she wouldnt be coming anymore and they were sending her to grandmothers instead and that there were "alarms bells ringing with them" I asked him what and he was so ****** patronising and rude, I could hardly answer him. In short he's not happy (its apparently his decision not the mothers) with

1 I put together a treasure basket and an unused credit card was in there which mindee loved transferring back and fore in his hands, I noted that in her daily diary, the mother even laughed about it but father thinks its unappropriate

2 My double buggy is not of a good enough standard. I did inform him that he buggy he was referring to was the one that was parked up at the side of the house unused waiting for the council bulky refuse department to take it away and the double buggy I use is locked away in the house

3 That I had mentioned to the mother that I had watched the election on the tv til about 5.00am - that is not appropriate either

4 That my son is obviously prone to illness in their opinion - how dare he - if anyone is familar with my sons health it is me and hes a robust little soul

And with that he upped and went

Obviously no notice period as its within the first four weeks, but of a mind to charge them sickness for yesterday and initially broke my heart feeling like a piece of worthless nothing, but now Im fuming that this man came into my home and spoke to me like that.

Also should I inform CSSIW of the events

Nov 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Just been sacked !!!!!

Sounds like you've had a lucky escape - their loss not your's (& parent's like that you can do without)

Blaze x

June 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Poor you I'm not sure how CSSIW works but I wouldn't be happy either . Sending hugs and hope someone more qualified will be along soon to give you advice 

Sept 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

who signed the contract mother father or both

Jan 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

man!!!

how dare he!...

I am so cross for you!

You mightve got off lightly there though....me thinks he is a bit of a and i wouldnt want to look after his kid ....imagine having to give notice?

lots of hugs and cuddles

mandy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxx
    The bats have left the bell tower.....

aly Guest

you've been doing settling in sessions for a few months?

You could mention to CSSIW although they may not be that interested but just as well to note in case they put in a complaint???

I would be billing them for 4 weeks notice {if you have 4 week notice period} as they have been coming for a few months.

it counds to me that they used you and have now moved on!! I would be tamping too!

The excuse they have given you do not stand up!.

jan 95
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks ladies, think I'll give CSSIW a ring just to cover myself

The mother signed the contracts,and of course they've paid for four days childcare and now have my registration number for tax credit purposes

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

I am so for you. At least they left before causing too much trouble. Sounds like he is a control freak and does not like his wife sorting things out
    Also, I bet he wants to keep costs down so granny can do everything for free
    Can you imagine him at a nursery? "How dare these other kids give my child an illness".
    He's got a shock waiting for him as the child gets older.
    Hope you find some nicer parents than him. Of course it's sad not seing the nice mum and mindee again, but was he not like this when you all first met?
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Sept 00
    Post Thanks / Like

sorry to hear about this
    it makes you feel rubbish though doesn't it, even when you know you've done nothing wrong

i had one who gave notice while rummaging in the nappy bag ( no eye contact made whatsoever) told me the boys wouldn't be coming back at all and left

apparently their decorator had told them the children run riot at my house.
    he came to give us a quote for some work and the children were running up and down my very long wide hall chasing each other and a ball. and the other reason they gave was that the little one had a constantly wet bib ( i had been very careful that this never happened as they had left a nursery for this very reason).
    they thougth i would persue the notice money either, they were wrong.
    Last edited by ajs; 11-05-2010 at 03:30 PM.

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

What goes around comes around, i just hope grandma does not fall ill too often or they could find themselves without childcare
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

Sept 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

how dare he none of those reasons are a valid reason to give notice -seems like you have been used and you should be thankful they are gone . he sounds like a father i used to have, i gave notice as soon as i could and i ended up with a lovely family so good luck i hope you soon replace them ..

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

i would send them a letter (firmly worded but nice) stating 4 weeks notice is required, and that you also have to inform the tax credits (inland revenue) that childcare has stopped, and the dts the child was there
    IS BACK

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

What a horrible man! and what a pathetic list of complaints.
    Maybe he ought to quit work and look after his child, sounds like nobody else will ever be good enough

June 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I would also give tax credits a ring make sure they wont be claiming on your registration number.

Straws xx

bexcee Guest

None of those are valid reasons for terminating a contract and I would send them a polite but firm letter stating that a four week notice period is required and if they are not sending the child that is their choice but you still expect to be paid.
    Maybe you could phone the mum and say you are sad that you won't be caring for her little one and see what she has to say about it.
    Last edited by bexcee; 11-05-2010 at 09:33 PM.

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

It sound like you are well rid of them but I would just add that if it is only Mum and not Dad who has signed the contract then it is only Mum who you can accept cancellation from as your contract is with her.

As the others have said, i would contact tax credits people and let them know. I totally agree with bexcee too, the reasons he gave for termination are just silly things that he has made up for the sake of it.
    Amaranth xx

dec 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I would def be calling tax credits, Its not your job to do so but i would hate to think they are using your number to claim.

sit down, have a cuppa and breathe a sigh of releif to the lucky escape u have had
    PRINCESS DAISY FLOWER

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Amaranth View Post
    It sound like you are well rid of them but I would just add that if it is only Mum and not Dad who has signed the contract then it is only Mum who you can accept cancellation from as your contract is with her.

As the others have said, i would contact tax credits people and let them know. I totally agree with bexcee too, the reasons he gave for termination are just silly things that he has made up for the sake of it.
    True, only the mum can cancell. Better ring her or write and have it from her.
    Bet he is giving her a hard time as well
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Nov 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Chin up........lucy escape I say as he would be constantly on your case by the sounds. cx

June 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't be upset, to be honest he sounds like a nightmare, I think you have had a lucky escape there.

Chin up
    Toothfairy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast