Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: help plz

Registered Childminder since
    Jan 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default help plz

i have a child starting in 4 weeks time do i need to ask for a payment or anything confused?x
    xxxxxx

mar 03
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: help plz

I think you can charge a non refundable deposit. To keep the space. And deduct it off that months bill. The deposit is only non refundable if they change their minds. But its been so long since I took anyone new on, 2 yrs! Iv forgotten. Im sure someone will correct me if im wrong x x

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

You could ask for a retainer of, say 2 weeks fees, which you could use as first two weeks payment, or could just be refunded.
    Taking a retainer is useful if you need to purchase anything for the new child like a car seat or travel cot, or you are worried about keeping a place open for a child when the parents may change their minds.
    It's up to you though, you don't have to take any money from them now, but if you feel happier having a deposit then do so.

May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I always take four weeks fees as a deposit. It's Non-refundable until the child leaves and parents are up to date with payment. If they don't start they loose this money and if they leave without four weeks notice then they loose the bit that take us up to the four weeks they should have given.

0ct 07
    Post Thanks / Like

I always ask for 2 weeks payment in advance anyway and get them to start paying 2 weeks before they start. It also gives the parents a chance to get ahead if they are using vouchers.