How much does you hubby/partner help out?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    sept 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How much does you hubby/partner help out?

As of May when the new children start dh will input a lot more.
    It will mean him having then twins between 8-30 and 9am while i do the school run and again at 3-4pm but hey will be asleep then (hopefully!)
    Currently he helps as and when needed but this is kind of a set thing and today will be the first afternoon he has them.

So how much and what does your OH do to help you or do you cope on your own?!..have to say if i do lose the boys he wont need to help at all which may happen..oh and he is registered as my assistant!

Thanks x

~Chelle~ Guest

Default Re: How much does you hubby/partner help out?

Hubby doesnt help at all!

He works in London, we love in Kent and he leaves at 7.30am and gets home at 8.30pm

I am lucky if he puts the dishwasher on! lol

nov 02
    Post Thanks / Like

Not at all - a complete hinderance - I hate working when he is at home! He will moan to me about the kids - funnily enough he never moans about the money I bring in though!

June 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

HUH!!!!!! You're havin' a laugh aren't you!!!!!!
    Celest

Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My hubby doesn't help me with minding as he is not registered as my assistant like yours is - but in general housework, etc - he never helps out - but he doesn't get home til 6.30pm and is out the house all day, but still no matter how I nag him to help with anything he never lifts a finger

Mar 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cuffleygirl View Post
    Not at all - a complete hinderance - I hate working when he is at home! He will moan to me about the kids - funnily enough he never moans about the money I bring in though!
    SNAP!!!!!!!!

may 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

My husband is a shift worker so I can't rely on him being here. But when he is I put him to work. I only have 1 little boy to collect from school (he's our nephew) so generally if I have 3 under 5s aswell I send my hubbie on the school run it is just easier for us if he goes.
    After lunch I start changing nappies and my hubbie takes them upstairs one by one for their nap. I do cope on my own but it's lovely to have an extra pair of hands when they are available. I like him coping on special outings with us as again I like having an extra pair of hands. I did however have a fab day when I took 2 x 1 year olds, 2yrs and 4yrs to a farm. it was the 1st time I had taken 4 that young and very proud of myself too. I also met another childminder there who liked my emergency contact cards hanging from my rucsac
    He is registered as my assistant !

Jan 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

my husband is wonderful (get the bucket out i hear)
    he doesnt have any children of his own and not much interest either. But

he devises all my paperwork...i give him a scribble on a bit of paper and he makes lovely templates for me.
    he did my excell speadsheets so all i do is click a box to say if a child attends and this generates the invoices, gives me an idea of the tax to save up for and works out the all the gas, elec, poll tax etc.

he also helps tidy up if he gets home and it looks like a bomb has hit it. he feeds me brufen for my back and makes lots of tea. he will wash up too if there is kiddy stuff to do.

on top of this...he will hoover, clean, wash and do the DIY if it needs doing.

This sounds like i am a lazy but i do do all this too...its a matter of "mandys busy so i will do this to help her"

as i type this (i should be doing SEF) he is putting some washing on

he is not my assistant but the kids i mind just love him....especially the little boys. They love his motorbike

mandy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    The bats have left the bell tower.....

pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    Parent
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not cm'ing yet but my hubby is great, he works all day and will still help with the cooking and cleaning.

Jan 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs_F View Post
    I'm not cm'ing yet but my hubby is great, he works all day and will still help with the cooking and cleaning.
    it helps when they support you. My hubby says hes not keen on kids....then when you see him with them i dont believe it. Even when they are not here he is thinking about them....we go shopping and he will see something and say "Oh B would love that" or he will disappear into his shed and come out with something to keep them safe eg a gate to stop them getting to the bins and the greenhouse.
    The bats have left the bell tower.....

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Dp doesnt help at all as he is not here!! he work away all week, goes 4am monday and comes home 5pm friday!

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

my dh is fab. he'll come in do the dishes if I'm still working and then start hoovering. If I have to run out to college or for a ngiht out he'll tidy all the toys away too.

I can't complain and all the mindees love him

LOOPYLISA Guest

Im not cm anymore but when i first started he was very supportive in getting me up and running

Even now after working a 12 hr day, more sometimes he comes home and helps, even runs MY bath

There are some good men out there

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

i have to say steve is fantastic, before he goes to work he walks the dog, makes the bed unloads (or loads) dishwasher and puts a load of washing on during the day i do as much as i can depending on how many lo's are here, hanging washing out, sweeping and mopping floors..etc, he doesnt usually get home till about 6.00 but he will still come in and do what ever needs doing, our kids have to help out a lot as well, scott( hes 16 ) works the washing machine better than me he sorts all the washing out in to ironing and underwear piles then puts it all away, they both have to tidy the kitchen after dinner as well all in all it a real team effort, but it did take a while for them to realise that just because im here all day i cant always keep the house tidy, and that i am working!!!

nearly forgot, the best thing is steve ALWAYS does the ironing

oct 07
    Post Thanks / Like

My hubby is not registered as an assistant so derives great pleasure from the fact that he does not have to change any nappies!

He is home at lunchtime on a friday and the wee boy i have on a friday just adores him! Lo will chose to be with hubby rather than me and hubby is very fond of this lo and will get on the floor to play with toys with him or sit him on his knee etc.

He supports me fully with my cm and knows that the extra money really helps - if i wasnt minding i probably wouldnt be working cos i want to be home for my boys.

Hubby regularly puts washing on, loads and emptys dishwasher, does dishes, cooks tea once or twice a week and generally helps around the house - he also works an up to 12 hour day and coaches the local kids football team!

may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

My partner is registered as my assistant and will sit in the garden whilst i cook the mindees tea for them but thats about it really.
    I dont ask him to do the school run because i was told that even if he is registeerd as my assistant and even if i have written permision from parents that he cannot be left on his own with the children think this may have somthing to do with not having a first aid cert but not sure, those of you that let your partners collect children i would check this out and be careful

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

DH is very supportive, My absolute rock. We haven't been able to have kids together and he is just fab with kids, which breaks my heart.

He works in Central London and leaves at 6:30am latest, is back by 6:30pm usually. If he gets in from work before the kids go home, they are so excited! He drops his work bag and immed sits down, they clamber on to his lap... and he reads to them. He then asks if I've taken the poo bags out yet, if not, he'll do it.

He hoovers, loads and unloads the DW, does whatever needs doing. Cooks roasts on the wkend (I cook during the week), fixes whatever needs fixing (he single handedly renovated our first flat).

We just muck in and do whatever needs doing, together. We BOTH work full time, we BOTH look after the house.

It's a partnership in every way.
    Jen

LOOPYLISA Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpig View Post
    DH is very supportive, My absolute rock. We haven't been able to have kids together and he is just fab with kids, which breaks my heart.

He works in Central London and leaves at 6:30am latest, is back by 6:30pm usually. If he gets in from work before the kids go home, they are so excited! He drops his work bag and immed sits down, they clamber on to his lap... and he reads to them. He then asks if I've taken the poo bags out yet, if not, he'll do it.

He hoovers, loads and unloads the DW, does whatever needs doing. Cooks roasts on the wkend (I cook during the week), fixes whatever needs fixing (he single handedly renovated our first flat).

We just muck in and do whatever needs doing, together. We BOTH work full time, we BOTH look after the house.

It's a partnership in every way.
    Exactly, thats what my hubs say its a patnership

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LOOPYLISA View Post
    Exactly, thats what my hubs say its a patnership
    same here

Apr 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine is brilliant!

He walks the dog at 630 beofre he goes to work and then works all day and gets home at 430 smack bang in the thick of it. He straight away helps with anything he can - clearing the table, helping the kids with games, homework. The mindees all jump on him when he gets home - they love him and he loves the attention. I regularly work in to the evening and he always helps then. Sometimes we have two mindees who are 9 years old who parents work in the NHS and, with the permission of the parents, he takes over the care of them if i have a governors meeting to go to etc. He also goes to our own children parents evenings if i can't make it and ferries our own children around to scouts, pony club etc - will even go to Sainsburys if i give him a list.

On the whole i couldn't do my job without him - he used to be registered himself when i worked more at weekends and was a community childminder but he isn't any more.

My parents all recognise his support too which is great. I honestly believe that you can't do this job and really enjoy it without the support of your partner and children. I have two daughters who are fab at coping with a housefull all the time. I don't think i tell them all enough how much i appreciate them all - so going to do it later when they are all home
    I'm not paranoid - the world IS out to get me!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast