Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: What a cheek!

Registered Childminder since
    Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What a cheek!

Mindee was off yesterday with a viral infection and conjunctivitis. Mum wants her to come tomorrow as usual. BUT she doesnt want to take LO to toddler group today 'just incase' she makes someone else ill, even though she says she is fine and perfectly happy.
    So shes not going to toddler group today incase she passes anything on to the other children but shes not fussed about her coming to my setting tomorrow and potentially passing it to me and my son!
    AND she has ****** volunteered ME to run the group on my own which is a nightmare because my son gets upset when i have to leave the room to clean up.

GRRRRRR!

aly Guest

Default Re: What a cheek!

Sorry but I would be telling her if not well enough for toddler group not well enough for your setting....

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry but I would be telling her if not well enough for toddler group not well enough for your setting....
    Thats exactly what i was thinking!
    She told me on Sunday that she would be back tomorrow, i didnt want her to come because im terrified my son will get ill again- i felt terrible for being so selfish and wasn't sure wether to take LO tomorrow or not. Now shes decided not to go today i dont feel so bad, i think its quite rude that she is worries about the other kiddies getting ill but couldnt care less about my son catching it!

apr 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

my policy.....not well enough for school/playgroup/clubs....then not well enough to come CM either!!

cheek of it.
    wow 2012 already

aly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by snufflepuff View Post
    Thats exactly what i was thinking!
    She told me on Sunday that she would be back tomorrow, i didnt want her to come because im terrified my son will get ill again- i felt terrible for being so selfish and wasn't sure wether to take LO tomorrow or not. Now shes decided not to go today i dont feel so bad, i think its quite rude that she is worries about the other kiddies getting ill but couldnt care less about my son catching it!
    The thing is if your son was to be ill again due to her bringing her own child, she would be miffed should your son pass something back to her!!.

No sorry I would be ringing and saying no

Jan 10
    Post Thanks / Like

ring her up and say sorri but no lol let us know what she said
    xxxxxx

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I basically told her that if LO was too unwell to go to toddlers today im worried that she is probably too unwell to come tomorrow.
    Mum said she is fine now and probably was well enough today but she didnt take her because she just wanted to give it one more day just to be sure. She said her rash is still there but its slowly fading, shes just needs to have her antibiotics and eye drops still.
    Now what?! Im dont think im happy to have her. I couldnt forgive myself if my son gets ill and we have to cancel our holiday! Think ill just have to say so and that i wont expect payment.

Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by snufflepuff View Post
    Im dont think im happy to have her. I couldnt forgive myself if my son gets ill and we have to cancel our holiday! Think ill just have to say so and that i wont expect payment.

I would phone her and tell her you are not happy to have her little tomorrow. If she questions it say that if Lo can't attend playgroup he is not well wnough to be around your lo. Don't let he make you feel guilty.x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I would agree in that if LO is not well enough for toddler group then they are not well enough to be with you - and if you normally charge full fee for mindees sickness then it would still apply here