Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: PRINTING

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default PRINTING

I have a printer at home that prints good, fairly high quality photos, documents. However, it's started being a bit 'shaky' when printing text etc. I've got something really important to print off and can't risk having shaky words/charts.

Anyone know where you can take files on a stick to be printed off for you? Somewhere not too expensive hopefully as I have 73 pages needing printed.

Thanks

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: PRINTING

Quote Originally Posted by The Juggler View Post
    I have a printer at home that prints good, fairly high quality photos, documents. However, it's started being a bit 'shaky' when printing text etc. I've got something really important to print off and can't risk having shaky words/charts.

Anyone know where you can take files on a stick to be printed off for you? Somewhere not too expensive hopefully as I have 73 pages needing printed.

Thanks
    I used a Pronto Print shop recently to print off my poster and that was from a memory stick. Have a look in the phone book for printers/print shops to see if you have any local to you. I found that quite often the smaller businesses will do it cheaper than the large chains. Failing that I have a good relationship with my children's school and I know they would do it for me. I would provide the paper and give a small donation for ink. That would prob work out much cheaper. I am also sure my NCMA development work/network co-ordinator would do the same sort of thing.

Hope you get it sorted

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by manjay View Post
    I used a Pronto Print shop recently to print off my poster and that was from a memory stick. Have a look in the phone book for printers/print shops to see if you have any local to you. I found that quite often the smaller businesses will do it cheaper than the large chains. Failing that I have a good relationship with my children's school and I know they would do it for me. I would provide the paper and give a small donation for ink. That would prob work out much cheaper. I am also sure my NCMA development work/network co-ordinator would do the same sort of thing.

Hope you get it sorted
    that's a great idea. thanks hon. might ask the children's centre/school, I can take my paper and give them a donation. Never thought of that! I think it's because i've got a bog standard printer - I need a laser jet type thing for this.

Non childminder member
    lazy bum!
    Post Thanks / Like

my kiddies school will print out for me when i am desperate and i pay 5p a sheet.

staples will also print for you, they do charge a fee for putting a stick into their system, this covers them against any viruses that may be transfered, i cant remember what the cost is though.
    Busy losing the will to live mwuahahahaha!

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huggableshelly View Post
    my kiddies school will print out for me when i am desperate and i pay 5p a sheet.

staples will also print for you, they do charge a fee for putting a stick into their system, this covers them against any viruses that may be transfered, i cant remember what the cost is though.
    thanks hon, going to try staples if school say no. I'm getting the document spiral bound there too so can maybe do it all in one go.

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Juggler View Post
    thanks hon, going to try staples if school say no. I'm getting the document spiral bound there too so can maybe do it all in one go.
    Shame you didn't live closer!! I would have done it on my laser printer and spiral bound it for you . I like my gadgets me!!!!!

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by manjay View Post
    Shame you didn't live closer!! I would have done it on my laser printer and spiral bound it for you . I like my gadgets me!!!!!
    you have your own binding machine! love it. shame we weren't closer then . You'll be fine in your third year then

June 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a spriral binder too, its fab for making up parent packs and daily diaries
    Toothfairy

Post Thanks / Like

I have a ring binding machine and thermal binding machine

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

ooh where do you get ring binding machines from and how much are they - I want one!!

our childrens centre print things for free for CMs!
    Francine X

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fluffyemma22 View Post
    I have a ring binding machine and thermal binding machine
    i love it a choice of binders! need I ask if you have a laminator

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by francinejayne View Post
    ooh where do you get ring binding machines from and how much are they - I want one!!

our childrens centre print things for free for CMs!
    really ! wow even large parent packs etc?