Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    June 98
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Quality first (NCMA)

Anybody done this please? Do you need to have a level 3 qualification on childcare to complete or does that just make it easier?

Is it worth doing? It seems to cost £250 so would be a lot of money down the drain if it didn't teach me anything I couldn't learn from reading a book or didn't benefit me in some way... (hope that makes sense, it's getting late and I started early today.)

TIA
    xx

Pipsqueak Guest

Default Re: Quality first (NCMA)

I have done it and I found it really helpful - only because I was re-starting back out as a minder. I think to be honest, if I was asked to do it now I don't think I would find it particuarly helpful. Its good as its very reflective and covers lots of areas (although I hear its been revised to incorporate EYFS so don't know what its like now).
    Mine is up for renewal and I am not going to re submit.

Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by onceinabluemoon View Post
    Anybody done this please? Do you need to have a level 3 qualification on childcare to complete or does that just make it easier?

Is it worth doing? It seems to cost £250 so would be a lot of money down the drain if it didn't teach me anything I couldn't learn from reading a book or didn't benefit me in some way... (hope that makes sense, it's getting late and I started early today.)

TIA
    xx
    Hi

I did QF about 5 years ago but my LA paid for me to do it. I did have a NVQIII before I started it but it was not a requirement. Doing QF helped me to be relfective about my practice. Why not have a word with your dev worker to see if there if any funding available - it cost another £100 to renew it 3 years later!

Christine

aug 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

i did it 2 years ago as it was funded by my la but to be honest it hasnt helped my business at all so save your money.

Post Thanks / Like

I did it a few years ago, got level 3 but won't be doing it again. It was reflective but i would'nt say it helped my business much.

Mar 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I havent heard of this before. Is it on the ncma website? Is it an online course?
    Now the fun begins

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I did it a while ago, just after I'd done the NVQ3 and found it pretty similar. It didn't really take me long to do & it was funded by the LA.

I don't think I really got anything out of doing it (probably because I'd done the NVQ), parents aren't interested in it & I doubt I'll bother renewing it when the time comes.

It isn't a qualification, so I'd be more incllined to look for something that is.

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I did it to level 3 a few years ago. But i dont think it helped that much. No one was that impressed with the fact that i had done it.

I did not pay to do it, but it is not worth the £250.
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

Jan 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I have mylevel 3 diploma in childcare and it really helped me iv learnt alot esp bout observations etc that helps x
    xxxxxx