Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    sept 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ok i need some help here please..

Ok so i dont have any enquiries in months and now i am struggling to decide who to take and who not to. Lots of possible ones that have not come off so these are the ones so far!

My current situation is a mindee all week..few hours but good pay as i get day pay still from an old setup as mums hours fluctuated so much..has been the same for ages but i got notice 2.5 weeks ago and may lose her shortly..mum has a new job but is messing me about with the hours (see my other post!)..she also may be moving etc and not sure what's going on with her at the mo.

I have a LO on thur only but good holiday pay..in sept this LO will start school..i have her sis too..after school some days..

I have 4 school run kids, 2 ive had forever since i started..4.5 years and 2 are siblings but literally 1 or 2 days per week..again very up and down. So 4 s/run kids (car is always full)

So the ones im not considering losing are..I have the guaranteed 2 kids and school runs are also pretty set if not hard work (see posts!)..

Now this is where it gets hard..I have a new mum coming monday with a 4 month year old..i currently cannot do the hours unless i lose the school run kids..2 boys..she still wants to come round as is a friend of a friend and says she is keen for me to do so said i would try my best..this will be term only as she is a teacher..im assuming ok with half fee during holidays but? this would be for 4 days 8-30 till 4.30 again great.

The phone has just rung and a man has enquired over twins..2 boys 1.5 yrs old..i asked when to start and he said May..I then said what sort of hours and he said full time..again i asked what he classed as full time and he said 8-30am-5-30pm but his wife would walk to me to collect and works very close (not great english and gathered she is working very close by)..he said he had found me online and loved my website..seemed to understand the ins and outs (dont mean that in a patronising way) and asked if they could come round to see me..Again i can only do if i lose the kids on school run..I said i would have a quick check over my days etc and call him back..i need to work fast as CM all struggling for work..

Aaah help i really dont know what to do for the best..really good job twins isn't it? my head says lose the school run kids and fill up with at least hopefully the twins and poss the baby..sorted..the other bit of me says dont lose secure school runs if the others dont work out..HELP!! do i call him and at least get them round..

Thanks i you have made it this far!

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Ok i need some help here please..

get him round - nothing ventured nothing gained. then if you like each other yu are in a position to make choices. cross that bridge when you come to it and weigh up the facts then - money, but also no school runs tieing you down ( ) probably longer contract ,relationships with parents , whether you think the children will fit in with yours .....................

sept 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks mama2three i rung him..knew if i didnt it would go to someone else so hopefully i have a good chance! His wife was working and him and his first day off isnt till the 31st March so is booked to come and see me then..asked if he could bring the boys to which i said of course! He again said they had seen my website etc and they liked and hoped i could accomodate them..i gave him my address which started 'it's x' and he cut in with my rd..i thought how did he know that as dont give my address out but said he lived up the rd a few doors away! we had a chat about him not getting lost then as EVERYONE does as it's a newish estate which made me at ease as chatted nicely!..i then booked him in for 10am and he said he was looking forward to it..asked how many kids i have which i told him and he said that was a nice no.

I feel at ease already and am usually a nervous wreck on the phone but think i handled that quite well! prob wont be the same on the day but hey..i really hope it works out..i need to give 4 weeks notice to parents if it gets that far so need to know really the day they come..whats the likeliness of that?!..

I also have the lady on monday who i will know more about but is term time only..ahhhh all quiet then goes mad!! and im impatient its 2+ weeks away this twin visit..hope they dont cancel on me!

sept 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Another CM has just rung, she thinks i should call them back and ask to see them sooner..would you or wil i come across as pushy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Tots View Post
    Another CM has just rung, she thinks i should call them back and ask to see them sooner..would you or wil i come across as pushy?
    Yes give them a call

Good luck let us know how it goes

Angel xx

June 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I'd give him a call if he is just up the road could they not pop up one evening or over a weekend. If it's easier could you go to there place if it is just down the road.
    Jules

TheBTeam Guest

I would ask to meet them earlier, an evening or weekend and put myself out a bit to accommodate them, I would ring and say that you didnt think at the time but an evening or weekend appointment might help them settle and make their decision sooner, turn around that you are doing them the favour to get it sorted sooner, iyswim.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, as he lives close by then see if he could come over one evening - be nice to get it sorted out quicker

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

sept 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi thanks..yes i will call him back on monday after my other mum has been I was going to say i had another person interested and would they be able to get down to me sooner ..evening weekend etc as i would prefer to take on the twins..or should i just say what you guys have said above! Have thought about this all day and would love to get them..eeek roll on monday hope it works out..thanks for your help x