Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: arghhh

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default arghhh

ihave done 2 obs on a 23 month boy hhe learnt how to pull a zip up after a few trys and saying good boy tohimself a few times and also he stood in paint a first for himn to make patterns all the time saying its alright its alright for about 5 mins how can i follow on from this i need it for my ou and my minds just going blank
    please help

Registered Childminder since
    Apr 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: arghhh

Hi

You could get him to try different zipz on other clothing - even yours on your coat or cardigan etc. Then would next move towards other fastening do you have any cotton reels he could try to thread or perhaps just continue different types of opening and closing - lids, doors on toys and bring forward the self recognition of doing something for himself rather than the act itself.

With the paint he is realising that its alright in some circumstances to make a big mess etc?????? Perhaps that could be continued by doing the reverse and clearing up mess - tidy up time with toys or get him to be more specific with his mark making using his hands in paint?

Don't know if i am really helping but hopefully you will find something in the rambling
    I'm not paranoid - the world IS out to get me!