Day off but mum never told me..
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Day off but mum never told me..

not to collect mindee from school, so I stood around until mindee's friends mum who works at the school came out and told me that she was going home with her daughter! and she was surprised I did not know as mindee's mum had packed a rucksack with clothes etc.. its an 8 mile trip so was a bit cross. When I contacted mum she said she forgot, and then commented.. "luckily it was her who forgot and not me as it would have been a serious matter!! ha ha" ... I hate to complain but this mum is very pedantic and working with her I know she would not forget ever, am I being paranoid in thinking she wants me to work for my pay as I will be charging for today as I am available to work and I am available tomorrow too but mindee is going to dad for half term so is being collected early!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Day off but mum never told me..

Her comment would have annoyed me!

I've had this happen too but at least I'm only a few minutes walk from school.

Miffy xx

Non childminder member
    lazy bum!
    Post Thanks / Like

very frustrating

stick to your guns where fees are concerned though
    Busy losing the will to live mwuahahahaha!

july 06
    Post Thanks / Like

this happens to me quite often i have one parent how pays for a full week but sometimes doesnt use any days. they are ment to let me no on the monday for the week ahead and most of the time i have to ring at 2.30 to find out if im collecting!!!!!

Apr 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for replys... grrr so it happens often to you guys too!!, which will be an annoying part of job, and yes I will charge, for yesterday as I'm letting her off on hols and snow days etc...why are childminders sooo unappreciated