Contracts for 5yr old and 9yr old
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Contracts for 5yr old and 9yr old

Hi Im after some advice I will be caring for 3 brothers monday to friday. One is 8 months so I know full contract will apply but I will collect the 5yr old and 9yr old from school at 3pm and their mother will collect them at 3.45pm at the latest. This will only be team time and I will not care for any of the children in the school holidays.
    Will I need to do a full contact for the 2 older children as it will be for less than 2 hours a day.

Thanks Sarah

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Contracts for 5yr old and 9yr old

I would still do a full contract for each of the older boys - if only to protect yourself if something goes wrong - otherwise 4 weeks money x 2 would be quite a lot to lose if they were just taken away without the proper notice being given

Miffy xx

Pipsqueak Guest

I am with Miffy on this one, plus you will have your insurance in place etc etc by using contracts

july 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Contracts for 5yr old and 9yr old

Hi ,
    presumably you will charge a full hour per child for each drop off and each collection? That's 4 hours pay per day: 20 hours a week. I'd definitely have it all set out in a contract.
    Helps if there's any confusion, to be clear what's been legaly agreed esp if the parents want to vary things; if anyone's off sick or on holiday; bad time keeping to deal with etc
    At the very least, I'd have a written agreement, covering hours, policies, payment, late fees etc, signed and dated by all parties.

bws,
    Wendy

july 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi again just realised its only one hour per day per child... I'd still go with a contract though

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Full contract for all of them
    Debbie