Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Default OMG an afternoon from Hell

I was asked by a friend to collect her son (thats fine, we help each other!) well that was fine, mindee and my lil girl jumped in the car and we collected friends lil boy. not a problem. headed to his grandads again that was fine till there was no answer at the door. anyway 5 mins till school kick out i just back into the car and collect the other kiddies from school, my friend lil boy would not stop running about then the other kiddies started to follow. i rained them in and jumped into the car to take my friends lil boy to his grandads. after messing about a little bit more I finally got him... then my car started messing about, the blue tooth bit on the radio wouldn't shut down, I was worried it would kill the battery so after we collected the other mindee from group we headed to the car dealers (they just unplugged the battery and it reset) the kiddies were good in the car..... but when we got back they were little horrors, shouting, running making enough noise to pass themselves off as a class of 30 odd kids!

normally I would put it down for them being in the car for a bit (wasnt how i planned the day!) but they've been like this for the last week...... I really dont know if I can do this job anymore I really dont! they are not naughty as such, just loud, running about, squabbling, being careless with things that arnt theirs, ignoring adults etc........

sorry I just needed a moan!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: OMG an afternoon from Hell

I always find my lot are worse when they've been kept in at school all day with the bad weather.

I just open the garden door and let them run and scream and shout outside.

They have raincoats and hats, so they are dry enough.

I tell them when they are calm and ready to play with something nicely they can come back in again...

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

Get yourself a referee whistle That should get their attention, then get them out into the garden. Sounds like too much pent up energy.
    Hope you have a better day tomorrow
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hope you have a better day today Emma

Angel xx

June 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Bless you, I don't know what they do with them in school!!!!

Like Sarah707 said let them run it off in the garden, some fresh air might calm them down xxx

Post Thanks / Like

Poor you!
    Hope you've had a better day today. I think they have a lot of pent up energy in winter as they can't always get out as much as usual. We had more snow today so I will brace myself for my after school gang.