Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    June 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default toys and activities

Hi

I know this has been posted before but so many threads got a little confused:

I have an activity file divided into months for festivals and activites and then a seperate section for activites for other things likes shapes/colours etc.

Now does anyone have a file for their toys ?
    Do you have photos (this could take a long time and money to get printed.?
    Is a list ok?
    Do you list all books in your settings?
    What sections have you divided into? ages/ months ?????

Thought I would try and do a file may add a couple of photos not quite sure what to do but think its a good idea to show Ofsted (got 3 years to do it in) and thought it would be good for parents if they wanted to know what toys I had rather than listing them off the top of my head could show my file.

Just thought I would ask I know its been on before and theres a few threads not sure where to start..so sorry if anything been repeated...

aug 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: toys and activities

i thought about this but not got around to it toooo much to do....

may tackle in the summer

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I am doing photos of toys for a self selection book - will be a long on-going process!

If I began to list my books I would be forever
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have a list of toys which I put together for a quality assurance thing a few years ago... I update it every so often but it doesn't have photos.

I don't list my books - they are in boxes and on the shelf and I regularly change them around so I'd be forever updating.

Hth

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi.. I've got two folders for children to look through ..

'toys I can play with...' one has photos and name of toy on each page .. they can then flip through this if something isnt out and ask for it.

'places I can go...' I also have a folder with all our outings in so the children can flip through this and see places we've been and ask to visit them.

this I did over the summer but I've sorta run out of steam .. really need to revisit it xx

Post Thanks / Like

I've started putting together a photo album of the toys I've got - it's going to take me a long while!!!!!!

I won't be bothering with books though - I do have a list of multicultural ones because at one inspection it was a recommendation to have more multicultural toys so for the next inspection I made sure I had a list of everything I had

Miffy xx

March09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

The photo album is a great idea - I am always trying to rotate toys to allow children variety because having everything out would not allow enough floor space for play! but this will allow them more choice too - great thanks
    A rainy day job I think - may even get the children to assist, they love using the camera!!
    H x

May '09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding*
    Post Thanks / Like

This is definatelly something I really want to do but the long process is putting me off !!!

I have so much, how do I group things together ... How ould I label them etc ... I did buy the EYFS stickers from NCMA to use for it but havent even started .I wont be doing the books though lol
    Wendy xxx

OCT 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: toys and activities

Quote Originally Posted by newandlearning View Post
    Hi.. I've got two folders for children to look through ..

'toys I can play with...' one has photos and name of toy on each page .. they can then flip through this if something isnt out and ask for it.

'places I can go...' I also have a folder with all our outings in so the children can flip through this and see places we've been and ask to visit them.

this I did over the summer but I've sorta run out of steam .. really need to revisit it xx
    GOSH I AM IMPRESSED....HAVE ONLY RECENTLY STARTED CHILDMINDING & I'M JUST REALISING THERE IS SO MUCH THAT I NEED TO DO THAT I HAVEN'T EVEN THOUGHT OF!!!
    THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR SHARING YOUR IDEAS IT REALLY REALLY HELPS & IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED X