Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Starting out

Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Starting out

Dont know if this is the right place to put this but i want to start out as Childminder but i have a dog (boxer) and a small house (bungalow) so wondered where i stood about this? Thank you x

Aug 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Starting out

don't know about the bungalow (though I can't see this being a problem).....I've got a dog and I was really nervous on my pre reg visit from Ofsted but the Ofsted inspector totally fell in love with him lol. I can't see your dog being an issue at all

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by newbie View Post
    don't know about the bungalow (though I can't see this being a problem).....I've got a dog and I was really nervous on my pre reg visit from Ofsted but the Ofsted inspector totally fell in love with him lol. I can't see your dog being an issue at all
    aww great thanks. Where does your dog live? My dog being a boxer is very lively but loves kids. Thanks for replying x

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone? xx

Sept 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi and welcome Katie, not sure about your question re your dog but someone will reply soon, might be a bit quiet today on here. x
    Sue

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sue m View Post
    Hi and welcome Katie, not sure about your question re your dog but someone will reply soon, might be a bit quiet today on here. x
    Ok thank you x

June 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

We have a dog and its never been a prob. Risk assess contact etc and get parents permission to take for walks, give treats etc. I inform parents we have a dog on initial phone call, but no-one minded yet and even though I trust our dog 100% as he is great with my two young children, never leave unsupervised with mindees. The only thing O have said is to remove food bowls during day if children access the room kept in and store food/treats away from human food.

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a dog and Ofsted didn't have a problem with this, didn't even mention moving water bowls out of the way (on floor in the kitchen). As long as you clean any dog mess up from the garden and risk assess then it's fine. My dog is in the house most of the day too.
    Regarding your bungalow i don't think that'll matter as long as it's safe for the children.