do you receive presents from parents?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    dec 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default do you receive presents from parents?

Just wondering if any of you got any presents from your mindees?

I have been minding a 2 and 3 year old brother and sister for the last 7 months, thats me finished for xmas today and i have just received a bag full of things.

I opened it and there was a diesel bag, perfume and necklace and earings set! was totally shocked as it has obviously cost her a fortune!

I bought the lo's a bath set of animals and cars each that stick to the side of the wall tiles and a book each. Only spent about £13 on each of them, and hers has come to around £90!!!!!.

what would you do? was thinking of getting them an extra thing each and telling mum they hadnt arrived yet so will get them to them after the hols??

Jan 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: do you receive presents from parents?

wow thats gr8, i sometimes get gifts,
    this yr i got one box of chocs and empty promises

who knows next yr could be better xxxxx

May-09
    Post Thanks / Like

I got lovely gifts today and so has my dd..although her's isnt opened yet as it was wrapped

mine was a georgeous tower (and it is big) of treats for christmas..

I bought mindees presents at about £15 each..so that adds up to

remember parents have only you to buy for...and it is their way of saying thank you and appreciating the care you provide for their children!!

You will have deserved it and I dont think you need to buy them something back...there are occasions where you are ''only'' on the receiving end of presents and you dont have to return the favour and I think this is one..

it's like if you tip your postman...you wont expect him to give you a present either and I think parents feel the same about cms...but maybe that's just me
    Nicole xx

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats really nice to get a lovely present, but I think you have brought your mindees enough and wouldnt get them more.Its not the cost but the thought for me.

Sept 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I've only had my lo since September and got a big box of Thornton's chocolates and a lovely winter flower arrangement. I didn't expect it.
    Sue

dec 09
    Post Thanks / Like

i thought i had bought mindees enough so was totally shocked to receive all their presents! mum has been really good with helping me get set up etc as ive been taking lo's for few months b4 registered. still feel guilty tho as now it looks like ive spent nothing on them

july 06
    Post Thanks / Like

we got one box of chocolates off one. And a bag of pressnents off a mindee who left in the summer (they were moving house). Not even a card or a merry christmas off most of them.
    I never expect anyting more!!!

Oct 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by greanan View Post
    Just wondering if any of you got any presents from your mindees?

I have been minding a 2 and 3 year old brother and sister for the last 7 months, thats me finished for xmas today and i have just received a bag full of things.

I opened it and there was a diesel bag, perfume and necklace and earings set! was totally shocked as it has obviously cost her a fortune!

I bought the lo's a bath set of animals and cars each that stick to the side of the wall tiles and a book each. Only spent about £13 on each of them, and hers has come to around £90!!!!!.

what would you do? was thinking of getting them an extra thing each and telling mum they hadnt arrived yet so will get them to them after the hols??
    I think that is lovely and they obviously appreciate you so accept the gift for what it is and dont worry
    I only spend £5-£6 on my mindees and usually manage to do the three for two offers ...mind you I have 17 to buy for....so I think you have been generous anyway

Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow!! Lucky you, they must really like you

Last year I received nowt, not even a card from some, but this year I have gotten presents from them all apart from one (she never even got me a card last year either). They are tins of biscuits and sweets, etc. x

FOrgot to add - I only spend about £5 on each mindee and don't get anything for the parents. I think spending £13 on each mindee is a lot so don't feel bad that she has spent loads on oyu, it was her choice

xx

June 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I got a bottle of wine and they brought a pressie for my kids as well from one.
    Havent even been paid yet by the other ones parents so I dont think I will get wished a happy xmas from them
    Joy xx

amirose Guest

So far I have had a small box of celebrations from one parent (still wrapped but bit obvious what it is ha ha) and another rather large present which I have no idea what it is from another. One of the kids told me yesterday her and her brother has something to bring me tomorrow. I only have 2 other sets of parents I will actualy see before Christmas but I am not expecting anything
    So 2/6 so far I bought all of the kids presents, even the ones that don't celebrate Christmas

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have 7 sets of parents.

1 set have bought me a bottle, another a small box of chocs and another a big box I haven't opened yet.

I've got cards from all of them this year as well which is a record!

I normally spend about £5 to £7 on the children.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

The presents you have received reflect how the parents feel about the care that you provide and it is not how much they spend/you spend.

I wouldn't get anything else for the little ones.

Well done as your parents are obviously really happy with you
    Debbie

Sept 00
    Post Thanks / Like

i think that's lovley and you have done enough, if money is not a problem for her and she wants to spend it on you that's fab but you don't have to match what she spends on you on her child.

every year i get a beautiful table arrangement from my longest mindee plus a present. the flowers were delivered yesterday and she's birnging the present round later( to get some idea of what they spend in the past she has bought me a spa day at centre parks, a massage at the local chiro centre, last year she bought me a joules sweatshirt, delivered directly from joules with the price on, £49 )

so i wouldn't worry, she is obvioulsy happy with the care you give her child and wants to show it

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

i got a card off one, gifts of the mum who praises me up something chronic but strict instructions not to open until christmas day, and nowt off another

IS BACK

Apr 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have received presents from most of my parents. The two sets of parents who I go out of my way to help got me nothing which I find really hurtful. I bought all the children presents and even got the siblings who I don't mind a selection box each.

I work for social services and even received gifts from the family I work with despite them having no money which I thought was really kind.

I know you should not buy to receive but I feel really unappreciated by the parents who got me nothing especially as I often mind over their contracted times without charging them extra. How things will change next year!

may 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

i got a present off two of my mindies (brothers) and so did my dd. Other parents (brother and sister) have avoided me this week and same happened last year no card, and no thankyou either.

New mindie only started last week and i didnt get a card didnt expect it tho but a thankyou might of been of nice though.

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

one family bought me a present , not opened yet but im guessing a box of chocs. the other didnt buy for me but did buy ds a present ( dont know what though!)
    The nicest thing was a mum telling me how much her lo would miss me over xmas. im easily pleased!!

dec 09
    Post Thanks / Like

The nicest thing was a mum telling me how much her lo would miss me over xmas. im easily pleased!![/QUOTE]

awww... thats lovely, its lovely to hear the parents ay that as you feel appriciated for all the work

may 84
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have pressies from all my parents, they remain unopened and I can't be tempted as I have sent them over to my daughter's where I am staying for xmas. My husband, two daughters and two grandsons have a couple too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast