petrol and unsocial hrs charge
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    may 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Question petrol and unsocial hrs charge

Hi I'm new and have gained so much help from all your posts but now I need help. I'm taking on an 18 mth old baby who will be doing 4pm-8pm 2 days one wk and 3 the next, as mum doesn't drive I'm going to pick her up which I don't mind doing as it won't interfere with any other children but am not sure how to charge, my normal rate is £4 so I thought perhaps £6 so £1 for petrol and £1 for unsocial hours, please help! Thanks

July 93
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: petrol and unsocial hrs charge

I charge double for out of hours (£9.00) mostly because I dont want to do it!
    I think you could charge a bit more, maybe time and a half plus a couple of pounds for petrol and the inconvenience of dropping off, dont forget to include the time it takes you to get home again.

MAY 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I charge double after 6, so for me i would charge up to 6pm £4 and then £8 an hour until collection and then you get £24 per night so £48 one week and £62 another week and then depends on how far to cover petrol, 40p per mile? but then you may end up being like a taxi service and i am sure somewhere on here says about not charging for milage but adding a bit more onto the hourly figure so if thats the case i would charge £4.25 per hour adn £8.25 per hour this would give you a £1 towards collection, if you see what i mean??

hope this helps xx
    jen xx mum of two and one on the way,
    always on the go!!!!!

aug 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

i would charge double an d make sure i charge from the time i leave my house to pick her up to the time i get back to my house from dropping off. and work out how many miles there and back and how much your cars does to so much money and how much it would cost in petrol at current petrol price. if that makes any sense.

may 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks,we decided on £6 an hour and an extra hour each week to cover travel time! She's starting next wednesday!