Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Yeeesss!!! woop woop woop!!!

Parents who I met yesterday just phoned to say they would like to use my service and knew within the first 2 minutes

Coming in a couple of weeks to do contracts, even said she would bring her cheque book for retainer - not needed till end of Jan

2 more sets of parents to see in the next week, I am SOOOOOOO excited to be finding work again after a lean spell. I am much more motivated when working, not cut out to be a lady of leisure, well not a broke one anyway

Quick questions about retainer/deposit. Retainer is half fee - payable from when contract signed? Not needed to use before but can't wait 2 months with no work and no pay. Deposit - again not done before - want to avoid leaving without paying and notice giving. Do I do this as well as retainer and hold it till end of contract for last week/months fees? Or just retainer?

Oh! and she said they were impressed with my parent pack which I have put together while not working much and with help and ideas from the forum Thank you all x x x x x
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Yeeesss!!! woop woop woop!!!

Well done you!

I am not sure about retainer as I have never used one, so hope someone can help you soon.

july 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Yeeesss!!! woop woop woop!!!

Hi,
    Brilliant: well done you !

I'd say the retainer is the way to go. Then they can pay you in advance and that should cover you for any notice period...? Don't think you can do both, but ... I don't know, i'm getting myself confused now.

Paid in advance protects us from having done work the parents wont pay for, but if they gave notice when a new payment was due and took mindee(s) out immediately, we'd be left with nothing for the notice period without taking them through the small claims court...

Thinking I might need to change my policy on this...

TheBTeam Guest

Well done you, good luck for the others!

Jan 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Wooooo!! Well done!!!x
    Nannying at moment..

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations!!!
    Helen

Feb 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING!
    Post Thanks / Like

Excellent, well done you

I had a parent last week (who has too signed) and she said she loved just how organised I was! She loves the parent pack I gave her with all information in it and said it was very professional and had never received anything like it in the past. By the way, she's a teacher

June 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats.

I do retainers at 50% then on or before the 1st day I take a one month's deposit plus one months fees in advance as I would with a child starting straight away. The retainer is a seperate thing to deposit and month in advance.

Parents happy with this.

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mumx3 View Post
    Congrats.

I do retainers at 50% then on or before the 1st day I take a one month's deposit plus one months fees in advance as I would with a child starting straight away. The retainer is a seperate thing to deposit and month in advance.

Parents happy with this.
    Thanks

First family were ok with retainer and deposit Coming to sign on Tues - not counting my chickens though! Second family now have parent pack and am waiting to hear from them Another mum coming on Tues next week
    Happy to be back with the Greenies