Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ofsted conditions seem a load of rubbish

Since August I have asked Ofsted for two variations.

I asked them firstly to amend my certificate as one of my own children had turned 8 and another had gone up to full-time education.

Secondly I asked to have a 4th under 5, term time only, for two hours on Thursday lunchtime, as a child I have been minding for over a year needed to alter hours slightly.

I have not had a new certificate yet, but checked my conditions of registration online and found the following:

*may only care for such children on Thursday during the hours of childminding. This exception applies until one of those named children is no longer in the early years age group or is no longer cared for by the childminder (Early Years Register, compulsory part of the Childcare Register)
    *must not provide overnight care (Early Years Register, compulsory part of the Childcare Register, voluntary part of the Childcare Register)
    *may exceed this ratio to allow 3 children in the early years age group for the children named on the variation request of 06/10/2009 (Early Years Register, compulsory part of the Childcare Register)
    *may care for no more than 6 children under 8 years; of these, not more than 3 may be in the early years age group, and of these, not more than 1 may be under 1 year at any one time (Early Years Register, compulsory part of the Childcare Register)
    *when caring for 4 or 5-year-old children who are in full time education, may increase the number in the early years age group by the number of children in full time education, providing the maximum number is not exceeded (Early Years Register)

I find this slightly vague. Does it give me the variations I requested or not and will the certificate carry the same wording?

Anyone know?

Donna

nov 02
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Ofsted conditions seem a load of rubbish

Yes it gives you what you want but applies to specific children and the under 8 limit is still the same so when you have 4 under 5's you can only have 2 between 5 and 8.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

They have changed both details you asked for.

If you go back on line it should tell you when the conditions were changed and with the postal strike I expect the certificate has caught up

If unsure why not called Ofsted 08456 404040

Personally I have never had any problems and if I want to know I call and ask
    Debbie

Apr 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Debbie,

I am glad that you have clarified that for me.

I have telephoned Ofsted three times over the past few weeks and end up more confused after I have spoken to them. Trouble is, in my opinion, that you speak to the call centre, and are told contradictory information everytime you call, and are never able to speak to someone who is trained to do anything other than answer the phone.

Thanks alot,
    Donna

TheBTeam Guest

I am not sure that it covers you for the 4 under 5, see *may exceed this ratio to allow 3 children in the early years age group for the children named on the variation request of 06/10/2009 (Early Years Register, compulsory part of the Childcare Register), this says three not four, which is what I would have expected if you had the 4 allowed.

May '09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

•may exceed this ratio to allow 4 children in the early years age group, for the child named on the variation request dated 24 September 2009 (Early Years Register and Compulsory part of the Childcare Register)
    •may only care for the child on Mondays between 12:00 and 13:00. This exception applies until one of those named children is no longer in the early years age group or is no longer cared for by the childminder (Early Years Register, compulsory part of the Childcare Register).

Just had a look and this is what mine says ... its in response to my variation requestion. Mine says 4, which is right, but I thought it would only state 3 (as certs refer to mindees) eventhough DD is still within the eyfs range. confusing stuff .....

TheBTeam Guest

as above, that is what i would expect it to say, 4 not 3 in the ey group.