it's finally clicked
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    mar 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default it's finally clicked

For so long now the oldest child in the family of four i mind has played up big time, on Friday when mum arrived she got her purse out and carefully counted out the money to give to me, i happened to glance at oldest boy and could see by his face he was angry, he then asked his mum for a xbox game and she told him she was skint which made me feel terribe, I pulled mum to the side to ask if she wanted to pay me so much next week but she said no i just said that to him to keep him quiet. I now realise this child must resent me for taking his mums money. I have spoken to mum and she said my feelings are wrong but I have now asked her for a cheque or money in an envelope.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: it's finally clicked

One of my friends mindees told her ' Daddy says we have no money to go swimming because he has to give it all to you '

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

i don't take payments by cheque, ask mum to put money in an envelope

as for the boy, tough really

my son asks me all the time for computer games, and i say NO, when he asks why i tell him when he's earning his own money he can buy them or save his pocket money

he'll live

it's a life lesson hunni, how to deal with disapointment

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twinkles View Post
    One of my friends mindees told her ' Daddy says we have no money to go swimming because he has to give it all to you '
    i would reply, oh yes thats right, and we can't go cos my money pays for you to eat when here and go on nice outings

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a 9 yr old in the easter holidays and his mum was messing me around with money. Basically she paid me AFTER the holidays for having had him. Consequently, I didnt have the money to take them out much and so wanted to say to him every time he moaned he was bored "But its your mothers fault we cant go out, not mine!!" But I remained professional and just grinned and beared it.

Then told Mum the next holidays would have to be paid in advance or I would not have the child!!!
    Helen

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have had this many times before particularly with one family.

They would tell the older brother he couldn't have things / do things because they were giving me all their money to care for his sister!

Eventually I ended up having a word and asking them to stop - they got tax credits for goodness sake, they were hardly paying anything anyway!

Even so it's very very wrong to involve children in my opinion.

I hope you can work out how to resolve it now you've sussed out what's going on x

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chels55 View Post
    For so long now the oldest child in the family of four i mind has played up big time, on Friday when mum arrived she got her purse out and carefully counted out the money to give to me, i happened to glance at oldest boy and could see by his face he was angry, he then asked his mum for a xbox game and she told him she was skint which made me feel terribe, I pulled mum to the side to ask if she wanted to pay me so much next week but she said no i just said that to him to keep him quiet. I now realise this child must resent me for taking his mums money. I have spoken to mum and she said my feelings are wrong but I have now asked her for a cheque or money in an envelope.
    I hope this is sorted for you now. I think it's wrong to discuss money in front of children like this.

Miffy xx

mar 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks i will let you know how it goes.

The parents recieve the childcare element of tax credits so they don't pay the bulk of it, but i can't tell the child that.

Im hoping now the child wont see the payment given to me he will not feel so hateful towards me and may even stop the attitude