nice email from parents
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    May-09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default nice email from parents

all the parents of my mindees are really nice but there is this once couple, who are just extra nice - I am looking after their 2 kids.
    one 3 yr old full time and a 6 yr old mo-fr before and after school.
    they just sent me an email advising me about my early payment for next month with some nice words at the end saying how much they appreciate all the good work I do for them.....that is just soooo nice I am nearly in tears...silly me.
    they also keep bringing their dd's clothes for my dd....she is now fully kitted out with shoes, jumpers, cardigans, trousers...pyjamas...everything really...and they are all lovely things!! I know it doesnt cost them extra but they also dont have to do that!! but it is really nice to feel appreciated and their kids are lovely too
    Nicole xx

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: nice email from parents

Well done you

It is always lovely when parents go out of their way to show how much you are appreciated. I gave out my parent questionnaires last week and have been in tears most mornings this week as they are all coming back The children think I am even more nuts than usual!

Post Thanks / Like

Thats really nice

Maybe you could introudce them to my one set of parents so they can give them some tips ha ha

Be proud that you are doing a good job Nicole

Angel xx

Jan 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Arr that is so nice and must make it all worthwhile even if you get not very nice parents once in a while.

hope I get some lovely ones!

x
    Nannying at moment..

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD :)
    Post Thanks / Like

thats really lovely - you are obviously doing a fantastic job & they think very highly of you
    Katickles

Blue Boy Guest

Well done I hope you have printed off the email and placed it in your compliments folder.

Love
    Mick xx

May-09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mick McGeown View Post
    Well done I hope you have printed off the email and placed it in your compliments folder.

Love
    Mick xx
    Thanks for the idea!! Didnt think about that!!
    Nicole xx

Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

What lovely parents you have, you must be really pleased with their feedback, you make it sound though, as if this is the first time you have received compliments about the fantastic care you are giving to children in your setting, I hope you dont mind me passing you a handy tip:- I always ask parents at contract renewal time to write me a testimonial for the previous contract period, non have ever refused, and Ive received some great ones that, when Ive read them make me very emotional, especially the ones concerning a child with learning/development needs, this way, I always have upto date evidence of good practice in my portfolio for new parents to see when discussing my taking on their child. Ive also asked children to write/draw pictures about their time with me. What better references can you have than those from satisfied parents and children currently using your setting, I also use my testimonials as evidence for Ofsted visits.
    I hope all your parents value the time you give to their child and give you the feedback you deserve

May 200
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Grade 5
    Post Thanks / Like

That's lovely - it's nice to be appreciated

May-09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by starmaker View Post
    What lovely parents you have, you must be really pleased with their feedback, you make it sound though, as if this is the first time you have received compliments about the fantastic care you are giving to children in your setting, I hope you dont mind me passing you a handy tip:- I always ask parents at contract renewal time to write me a testimonial for the previous contract period, non have ever refused, and Ive received some great ones that, when Ive read them make me very emotional, especially the ones concerning a child with learning/development needs, this way, I always have upto date evidence of good practice in my portfolio for new parents to see when discussing my taking on their child. Ive also asked children to write/draw pictures about their time with me. What better references can you have than those from satisfied parents and children currently using your setting, I also use my testimonials as evidence for Ofsted visits.
    I hope all your parents value the time you give to their child and give you the feedback you deserve
    thanks for the tip. ...I have only been minding for a couple of weeks now...so anytime someone says something nice I am very excited.
    and I am not yet completely organised with collecting evidence/feedback etc etc...
    Nicole xx

may01
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done you You are obviously doing a fantastic job - as others have said make sure you keep a copy of compliments in your file for other prospective parents and Ofsted!

It is wonderful isnt it when your 'parents' really appreciate all the hard work we put into our job. One of my 'parents' brought me a bottle of wine last week as a thankyou as she thought she had messed my around in saying she would bring her children before school run then rang up to say she would take them anyway as running late. It was absolutely fine by me. The same parent bought us some restaurant vouchers before the school broke up so we could go out for a lovely family meal (we are going tomorrow )- she is just a fantastic parent and so thoughtful.