Vetting and Barring costs are to be paid for by ......
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Vetting and Barring costs are to be paid for by ......

The DCSF - not us.

This was on their website today:

We have now had confirmation from DCSF that the cost of registering on the new VBS will be paid in full for current and new childminders and their family members which is good news. This has been posted up on our website today .

The exact information from DCSF is as follows:

'Registration on the new Vetting and Barring Scheme (VBS), with the Independent Safeguarding Authority (ISA) will be phased in over a 5 year period. Part of the process for ISA registration includes an application for an enhanced CRB disclosure.

From July 2010 to March 2011 ISA registrations will only be for new Ofsted registered childcare providers, new childcare employees and new childminders and other household members, aged 16 and over, in childminding premises . From April 2011 registrations will additionally begin for the existing workforce and existing childminder household members, but given the volume of ISA registrations needed these will be phased in gradually.

Once registrations for the scheme starts in July next year DCSF will be subsiding the total cost of ISA registration (£64 per person) for new Ofsted registered childcare provision, new childcare employees, new childminders and other household members, aged 16 and over, in childminding premises. DCSF will also be subsidising the total cost of ISA registration from April 2011 for existing provision.'

Can anyone make sense of this? I have re read it and I think that in the first paragraph it says we won't have to pay and in the last one that we will be subsidised.

Maybe it is late?
    Debbie

Apr 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Vetting and Barring costs are to be paid for by ......

I'm with you Debbie, it seems to contradict itself!

Should we expect anything different though

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DebbieS26 View Post
    Once registrations for the scheme starts in July next year DCSF will be subsiding the total cost of ISA registration (£64 per person) for new Ofsted registered childcare provision, new childcare employees, new childminders and other household members, aged 16 and over, in childminding premises. DCSF will also be subsidising the total cost of ISA registration from April 2011 for existing provision.'

Can anyone make sense of this? I have re read it and I think that in the first paragraph it says we won't have to pay and in the last one that we will be subsidised.

Maybe it is late?
    It says subsidising the total cost - so all of it as I read. typical government speak - say things vaguely then you can backtrack later without anyone noticing

Hope The Welsh Assembly arrange something similar here

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

The NCMA sent this to me and I have asked for clarification from them

Glad it wasn't me...
    Debbie