Dont want to do this job anymore
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Dont want to do this job anymore

One of my minded familys have just split up I have 2 of their children full time and just know they will give notice which then means job centre for me when she told me last night I just couldnt sleep as until the notice is in my hand I wont be able to settle as I hate waiting and not knowing when!

I cant get on top of my paperwork, still cant get to grips with planning, obs etc etc and I am still upset over my inspection grade, I do the same as 2 other minders in my area more than one actually as we work closely sometimes and she got a good and the other is being inspected today and she WILL get outstanding

I have seriously had enough of it all now, what is the point of carrying on??

Registered Childminder since
    Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Dont want to do this job anymore

i dont know what to say hun, but just wanted to send you a hige hug x x
    IS BACK

Post Thanks / Like

Oh poor you Louise

Well I am in the same sort of situation and I thought the same that they would give notice but they are going to continue with me

Maybe your parents will do the same ? What makes you think they will give notice ? They may prefer like my parents to keep the childrens routine the same what with everything else that is going on around them ?

With regards to your paper work you need to take one step at a time and look at the way you want to cover things
    Look at your paper work and see what you are stuck with then start with one thing at a time

Sending you hugs and hoping that they stay with you

Angel xxx

Post Thanks / Like

Hope it doesn't come to that

Sending hugs xx

Miffy xx

feb 91
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you certain you'll get notice?
    A single parent will get lots of help for childcare and it would be good for the children to have somewhere they feel comfortable.
    Your Ofsted grade probably doesn't reflect what you're really like.
    I dislike the paperwork side so will probably get satisfactory too but I know I'm an outstanding childminder with satisfactory paperwork!!
    Try not to worry and ask mum to keep you well informed as other enquiries may come along.
    Keep strong. x
    margi x

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angeldelight View Post
    Oh poor you Louise

Well I am in the same sort of situation and I thought the same that they would give notice but they are going to continue with me

Maybe your parents will do the same ? What makes you think they will give notice ? They may prefer like my parents to keep the childrens routine the same what with everything else that is going on around them ?

Sending you hugs and hoping that they stay with you

Angel xxx
    Mum is having to move and the place she is moving to is close to where she works so it would mean travelling all the way down here to have to go all the way back again morning and night and I know she wont keep doing that she said they wont be leaving but I just know they will!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Louise2613 View Post
    Mum is having to move and the place she is moving to is close to where she works so it would mean travelling all the way down here to have to go all the way back again morning and night and I know she wont keep doing that she said they wont be leaving but I just know they will!
    Sorry to hear that Louise

If it happens shes still got to give you a months notice though

Maybe if you think positive and get some sort of advertising going in the next few weeks - just incase ?

I know I would be feeling the same if it were me though its hard not to get fed up I know but try and be one step ahead and it will give you something to focus on

Keep us posted

Keeping my fingers crossed for you

Angel xx

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angeldelight View Post
    Sorry to hear that Louise

If it happens shes still got to give you a months notice though

Maybe if you think positive and get some sort of advertising going in the next few weeks - just incase ?

I know I would be feeling the same if it were me though its hard not to get fed up I know but try and be one step ahead and it will give you something to focus on

Keep us posted

Keeping my fingers crossed for you

Angel xx
    Its harder because its just me and I dont have a hubby or partner to fall back on, have to save up as much money as I can b4 they go, at least I have done all my crimbo shopping

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I minded a girl when her parents split, she was about 2 and half at the time. They kept me so there was something that didn't have to change. It was quite an amicable split but still a few ups and downs. The child took it all in her stride and I only found out when she told me mummys friend had stayed over! You would have thought they would have said

Paperwork can be one step at a time.You don't have to do too much, satisfactory is saying you are doing fine - even though it doesn't sound like it - believe me I know and after 15 years of minding it was a kick in the teeth. Paperwork is not my strongest point either. I was marked down because there was no evidence that I would provide healthy meals - kids brought packed lunches So I wrote a healthy eating policy. Obs etc I am still to be inspected with as last inspection was before EYFS. We will see.

Parents will see you for the caring minder that I am sure you are and ultimately that's what it is all about I too am like margimum - outstanding childminder with satisfactory paperwork!! Love it
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

0ct 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Contact your development officer for your area and see if they do an emergency payment if you lose the mindees, there was a thread the other day and some areas get this. Also tell her you are on the lookout for mindees and see if there is any work around, go to all the toddler groups and let people know you have vacancies even for some adhoc care and tell the other cm's so they can pass you work, if there is a local nurseryor playgroup you could have a word with them to see if they have any work available, or offer to voluteer it often leads to paid work, good luck hope i've given you a few ideas.

May-09
    Post Thanks / Like

good advice already given...
    just wanted to add this about grading:

Before I started to cm I was working in an office where they had a similar grading system like they have for cms. well different criteria, but you know what I mean.
    And the results of this never really totally reflected either what people where doing or not doing as it always depends who your boss/Ofsted inspector etc etc etc is....
    so what I am trying to say is dont leave cm just because you dont like the way you got graded....as this kind of thing can happen in all jobs!

use the forum to get some good and easy to follow tips for your paperwork and show them the next time they come! that's what I would do...

And hopefully you will find new mindees soon...that might make you feel better too!!

Hope all will work out for you
    Sending hugs
    Nicole xx

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caroline L View Post
    Contact your development officer for your area and see if they do an emergency payment if you lose the mindees, there was a thread the other day and some areas get this. Also tell her you are on the lookout for mindees and see if there is any work around, go to all the toddler groups and let people know you have vacancies even for some adhoc care and tell the other cm's so they can pass you work, if there is a local nurseryor playgroup you could have a word with them to see if they have any work available, or offer to voluteer it often leads to paid work, good luck hope i've given you a few ideas.
    My development officer is coming out to go through paperwork on 16th October, but I am so far behind with it

June 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I,m always behind with paperwork, I make a list and tick it off as I do it and always end up adding more on lol, dont stress try and do a bit each weekend or set aside half an hour in the evening, have you tried some of Sarahs e-books they really helped me

Straws xx

LOOPYLISA Guest

Don't have a answer hun, just wanted to send my love x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes this job is mentally harder than anyone other than another minder could understand. Hugs

Aug 01
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry you feel like this Louise, I was the same as you back in February (i do have a DH)
    I was given notice by 2 of my parents as both were expecting 2nd and 3rd babies this was going to leave me with 1 girl 2 mornings a week i had trouble getting my head round the paperwork and am like you still having trouble as just dont seem to have enough hours in the day to do this look after my own family and i have a horse to add to the equation. I had lost all motivation to carry on but have found everyone on here really lovely and very helpful.

I haven't had an inspection under the eyfs and when i do as long as i get a satisfactory i will be happy. When i first started this job 8 years ago the focus was home from home enviroment which is what i offer. I know i do a good job despite my paperwork and i have the parents to prove it mainly teachers i also have an ofsted inspector (she sorts the schools out that are under special measures) she for one does not agree with all the things i have to do under the eyfs. I have had her daughter since she was 6mths old she has now started school and i now have her 2nd baby, all she is concerned is her children are well looked after and in a happy enviroment.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

You won't necessarily get the notice as mum will get more help with TC and that is a great selling point for you.

Ask her to come in for a chat tonight and ask her what plans she has made. With TC paying up to 80% of £300 per week for the two children I am sure she will still be able to go to work.
    Debbie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DebbieS26 View Post
    You won't necessarily get the notice as mum will get more help with TC and that is a great selling point for you.

Ask her to come in for a chat tonight and ask her what plans she has made. With TC paying up to 80% of £300 per week for the two children I am sure she will still be able to go to work.
    She is still working its the travelling part, she will have to pass work to come then to have to go all the way back again morning and night 4 days a week!

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

Lots of good advice on here...don't give up yet you've worked so hard.
    I think I've got most of my paperwork sorted and I've only just noticed that I've not done a fire drill with my 12 month old, but I'll just do a silent one and time how fast I can get out of the front and/or back door and then write this down as evidence.
    If they mark me down for not putting the alarm on, then that's just nit picking as I'm thinking about the needs of the child (not terriffy the poor little lad).
    What would let me down at an inspection would be my explaining as I get very tongue tied when nervous and forget things!
    I really don't have the gift of the gab..so to speak
    I'm writting my SEF down on paper for now and when the new SEF goes on-line later in October then I'll complete it there.
    If I can write it all down then that will be half the battle.
    Just believe in yourself, get your adverts out and you might get swamped
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Jan 84
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Louise, who is your DO? is it Vicky or Lesley by any chance?. I only live about 10 mins from you and if there is anything I can do to help with your paperwork just let me know. I am not brilliant but have taken lots of things on board from this forum, especially super minder Sarah.
    PM me if you need to.
    Teacake2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast