non minded children
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default non minded children

A friend picks up dd from school 2 evenings a week & in return I take her dd to school 2 mornings. She doesn't pay me as we do it as a favour for each other.

Do I still need to do a register for her & include her in my risk assessments even though she's not a mindee?

Registered Childminder since
    april08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: non minded children

how old is she
    children make the world more fun

Non childminder member
    lazy bum!
    Post Thanks / Like

I do this too with an 8 year old and all I have in place is a child record form so I have emergency contact details, permission to seek medical attention if there is a car accident and permission to travel in my car on short journeys.

she gets in my car at 8:35 and is in school with us all until the bell goes.

I asked Ofsted about the paperwork when she was under 8 and as she is in my care for less than 2 hours a wk i did not need to do any contracts and only needed permission forms for things that are used being the car.

with my daughter being picked up and bought home 2 days a wk she has an emergency signed card stating she can seek medical attention for my daughter which has my contact details on.

No fees are exchanged but if you do charge a fee then you must do everything for the child where paperwork is concerned. I do not do a register either though to be honest I have no idea if this is right or wrong, I guess someone will pop in and let us know!
    Busy losing the will to live mwuahahahaha!

Post Thanks / Like

I think she's 6. I'm still within my numbers so thats not a problem.
    I didn't think about getting permission forms but we walk so would just need permission to seek medical treatment.

Registered Childminder since
    Dec 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I look after my friends dd for free she is 8yrs old I've been doing it a year and I just made a note in my diary she was with me but put 0.00 for fees. I have a contact form and permission slip for her (for insurance) and always made sure I was within my numbers.
    Paula