Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    May '09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding*
    Post Thanks / Like

Question EYFS for School age child.

I have a new little girl starting today after school and was wondering exactlly the things you all do for children at school.

She is my only EYFS child and am due my first graded inspection soon.

I will be asking Mum to sign a letter so I can talk to her teacher at school to cover the learning links but what do you all do with school age EYFS children. Is it the same for observations as you would do for Pre-school ?
    I will obviouslly do individual planning and obs etc ....

Just wanting to be sure I am on the right track

Thanks all !
    Wendy xxx

Pipsqueak Guest

Default Re: EYFS for School age child.

The amount you do for an EYFS child reflects how long you have them. So for an after school child that you may only have for 2 hours after school - then you won't be doing loads.

The bulk of the EYFS will fall to the school - your role is to work along side that.
    Remember she has been at school all day and will just want to wind down. Practise what she has learned that day - they have been counting (for example) then look for numbers on the way home.

Let her chill out with telly, running around in the garden etc. But you could still let her count out cups for everyones drinks for example. Really really simple small things.

I think after 5 hrs at school its enough.

May '09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding*
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for replying so quickly!

I totally agree with you but am just a little worried that when I get my inspection I wont be graded fairly if I only have 1 child in EYFS, I guess I want to show exactlly how I want to do things but am kind of stuck. Dont want to go 3 years with an unsatisfactory grade because I dont do anything regarding the EYFS. IYSWIM ??
    Wendy xxx

Pipsqueak Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Chanelle View Post
    Thanks for replying so quickly!

I totally agree with you but am just a little worried that when I get my inspection I wont be graded fairly if I only have 1 child in EYFS, I guess I want to show exactlly how I want to do things but am kind of stuck. Dont want to go 3 years with an unsatisfactory grade because I dont do anything regarding the EYFS. IYSWIM ??
    But you will be doing loads towards EYFS with this child. Thats what your individual planning will reflect, your own reflective journal and accounts, working in partnership with school and mum, own childs comments and input and of course photos/videos etc.

May '09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding*
    Post Thanks / Like

Should I also do a contact book to send home with her ?
    This is what I would do with a younger child to record the day, activities , meals photos, etc ...

Do I do this with school age children ?

Sorry to quiz u so much lol
    Wendy xxx

Dec 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I don't do a contact book for school age children however you could have one ready to show the inspector and say if the child was younger this is what you would do.
    Paula