Rainy day activities!!!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    amirose Guest

Default Rainy day activities!!!

Hello, HELP!

I need to entertain a nearly 2 year old girl whose favourite activity is destroying my house (!) and a 6 year old girl who hates everything and is going to have the major hump because we can't go to the adventure playground as its pouring with rain.

I thought about making playdough but J puts most things in her mouth so could be hard work .... making cakes that lasts less than an hour... crafts ... M hates crafts ... going out somewhere on the bus ... done that the last couple of days and bus fare is pricey ...

HELP! ..

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Rainy day activities!!!

Pretending we're at the cinema always works well with mine - you could make popcorn or sweets to eat, design a programme or poster for the film and tickets then shut the curtains and put on a dvd - have torches do they can show you to your seat and just enjoy

Miffy xx

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by amirose View Post
    Hello, HELP!

I need to entertain a nearly 2 year old girl whose favourite activity is destroying my house (!) and a 6 year old girl who hates everything and is going to have the major hump because we can't go to the adventure playground as its pouring with rain.

I thought about making playdough but J puts most things in her mouth so could be hard work .... making cakes that lasts less than an hour... crafts ... M hates crafts ... going out somewhere on the bus ... done that the last couple of days and bus fare is pricey ...

HELP! ..
    if you're baking can you choose from a cookbook, take time to look, go to shops to buy ingredients (if you can walk), then bake - makes activity last longer. For older child will involve reading, finding stuff in the shops as well as measuring out.

Painting, junk modelling my older ones love, glue and a roll of sellotape and they are away!!!!!!

Get her to make some spoon puppets based on a story then put on a show with maybe you and invite some friends over?

Painting

Good luck not easy in this weather.

Registered Childminder since
    January
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the same problem!!

I have one who needs lots of physical activity so I've cleared the floor and we're going to put soem music on, get out the instruments and do lots of dancing.

And we'll go for a welly walk too and have hot chocolate when we get back. maybe watch a cartoon too, which I don't normally do with them.

We have messy play this afternoon (thank goodness!) and we may do some baking and some playdough. And cars.

Good luck to us both! It's meant to clear this evening in the south east.... tomorrow is looking brighter