Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Grrrrrr

Registered Childminder since
    dec 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Grrrrrr

Im not a bitter person (honestly) but another cm i know has really got on my wick. I know alot of cm;s in my area as i run the local cm group, One lady who we all call miss perfect has been a cm for about 2 yrs

she was origionally working with an assistant so was allowed 4 under 5's mr ofsted said he would put her down for 4 under 5's on her own just incase her assistant is ever ill and she cant get anyone to cover. Well she has had no assistant for about 9 months but still reg has 4 under 5's. she is often complaining to us how she cant cope, lets them sleep in the car whilst she washes her hair etc.

Anyway someone contacted both of us looking for 3 days temp care and was willing to pay £200! she saw both of us but decided to go with miss perfect. This isnt what has mad me mad, the mum was really nice and called me back to say she really loved me but thought her lo needed more 1-2-1 care where as my setting is quite busy (lots of coming and goings as most my parents do shift work) once again fair enough, and miss perfect only has one part timer so can offer her son more 121.

rahhhhhhhh miss perfect has clearly lied to her as i see her 4 times as week at the playgroup i help run and she always has at least 3 under 5;s with her and in the hols 3-4 over 5's

should i be right to be mad or am i just being petty?
    PRINCESS DAISY FLOWER

Mar 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Grrrrrr

Good to get it off your chest!

I think once the parent/child start with this childminder then the parent will see really just how busy she is and then they may not be that happy. At the end of the day it is the parent's decision and if the CM is following the conditions of her registration then so be it. I personally think if she is saying she can't cope then she should either replace the assistant or not take anymore children on.

I don't think you are being petty, hope you feel better soon keep smiling

Jeanybeany

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't let her bother you. You know your'e doing a good job and your parents are happy with the service you provide.

TheBTeam Guest

It makes me mad that some childminders feel that they need to lie to get business, i too lost a baby because another childminder lied about her routines and about having a cat.

I really wanted to say something when the parent was saying but it makes you look bad if you badmouth someone else, i have always refused to say negative things about other cm's when i know i am competing for business, but i won't lie and say I am not tempted!!!

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you are right to be narked, but like what has been said the parent will see what is happening, unless its a case some of her mindees are finishing?

What goes around comes around is my moto, it happened to me with our miss perfect then she ended up with no work for a long time as it all backfired on her

Apr 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a ridiculous lie.....will she hide the other mindees when mum drops off/picks up?!

xx

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you are justified to be a bit miffed.

If she is having all those children under 8 then she is invalidating her registration and insurance. I would streer clear of her if you can.
    Debbie

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I can see why you are annoyed. Hopefully her lie will turn round and bite her on the bum and she will get caught out. Not so perfect then!!
    Happy to be back with the Greenies