how do you organise getting out the door in hols?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default how do you organise getting out the door in hols?

hi there everyone..
    yesterday I made individual snack boxes for all 5 LOs, had rain coats, nappy bag, drinks, lunch items, hats, and .. oh yeah the kids ..

this all fitted in two bags..

but I felt a great responsibility to try to ensure that after we'd gone out that I equally didn't lose anything whilst out..

how do you manage???

.. I'm thinking get a really big ruck sack.. but could really do with a wheelie shopping trolley ..xx

Dec 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: how do you organise getting out the door in hols?

Hi. I find it easier if I have a child in a pushchair so I can put everything in there. If it's just a trip to the park I tend to take a small back pack to put drinks etc in. If we are going for a day out and we need packed lunches I usually use disposable everything!! and give the children their lunches in a carrier bag each. That way all the rubbish goes in the bin and there's nothing to carry. I know it doesn't sound very environmentally friendly, but we dont do it all the time, just on a big outing.

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Just write a list. I never have many children but if i'm going away with Rose i usually write lists of what we need to take.

Dec '06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    V Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive usually always got a little one in the buggy so anything heavy like the juice goes in there and the sandwiches etc are wrapped in clingfilm and in a carrier bag so we can dispose of them before coming back home and having less to carry back.

Really depends on where and what we are doing.
    Fiona xx

Apr 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I use a ruck sack if i haven't got a buggy in tow. I also tend to have one bag with lunch in it which i leave in the car for later and another bag with sun cream, drinks, tissues, nappies etc if needed. I love days when its just bigger kids and i can put my keys in one pocket, emergency info in the other along with money and we can just get on with things with no bags to worry about.
    I'm not paranoid - the world IS out to get me!

Dec 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I walk everywhere so if we have a day out at the park its pack lunch drinks snacks spare clothes nappies wipes suncreams hats reins balls phone .

It is handy if we have the buggy if not trying to hold onto the kids bags etc can be a nightmare.

I have a large shoulder bag then carrier bags
    Angela x
    Owner of a static holiday caravan in Paignton

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I use a back pack, with as much disposable stuff as possible, if i have children in nappies i take a couple of nappies and just a pack of travel size wipes, i do tend to buy water bottles with sports tops as i have not found a cup that lasts long and if you keep buying drinks it can get expensive

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I usually only have one in the holidays that needs to go in a buggy but I always take a double tandem buggy with me and use it as a 'cargo' buggy.
    I have older children and they each have a packed lunch. I use my own suncream ( with permission ) and I use my own sunhats for them so it doesn't matter too much if we lose one.

may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

last year i only had 4 children and had a pushchair all the time so used that to put every thing on this time i will have 4 children on 3 days non of which go in a pushchair so i am thinking of getting a back pack each for them so they can carry their own drink and lunch they are age 2, 5 , 8 and 10 they 2 yerolds i would carry but do you think its wrong to ask the older ones to carry their stuff?
    when i have all 6 then we need a pushchair so will use that.