Nursery Education provision - questions
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Nursery Education provision - questions

I'm just getting started with childminding - still in the registration process. I'm considering focusing though, on just preschoolers and taking advantage of becoming registered to offer nursery education. I've been a preschool teacher/childcare provider for many years, just not in my own home.

Can anyone tell me if it's difficult to become registered to provide nursery education? Also, how could I find out what the reimbursement rate is for my area (Oxfordshire) - is it handled through the county council? (just wondering if the rate is competitive)

If there's a thread on this already, please just point me in the right direction. I did a couple of searches, but with no luck.

Registered Childminder since
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Nursery Education provision - questions

Hi

The rate is set by the government and last time I looked it was around £3.00 per hour but that may have changed. If you call your local early years team at the council they will tell you and point you in the direction of the local network that you will have to join. Being a teacher I expect you will qualify very quickly

Note that the vouchers are only avaialble 33 weeks of the year and some areas start at 3 year old and some 4 year olds and some do 2.75 hours and some 3 hours.
    Debbie

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you know if there is an accredited network in your area as i think you have to have one in most areas to be able to access the early years entitlement?

It is not a hard process as such but every area is different and i am currently trying to get our network accredited and i am working with a very hard to please nursery teacher, you will be assessed usually by your co-ordinator and we have to have 6 visits over the year by the QTS who overseas our network, but like i say all areas are different.

The current funding for us from Sept works out at £3.43 for 12.5 hours, we are also going to be able to offer 10 hours to 2 year olds from what i have heard not sure if this is a national rate or local

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! I will talk to the FIS here this week.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I am in Leeds and we become accredited through the Local Authority and our network co-ordinator. It was a fairly simple process just lots of forms to complete with how you work and how you meet the welfare requirements and implement eyfs etc. Contact you early years team they will be able to help.

Oct 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't think the rate is set by Government, its the local council. You should check it you local authority, cos in Hampshire its about 4.50 per hour.

Dec 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

A friend considered this recently but if she advertised herself as a preschool then she had to do her own Special Educational Needs, as childminders our childminding officer does it. She also had to apply for planning permission. Its worth looking into though.
    Paula