Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: I am so angry

Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I am so angry

i asked a manager to do my referance in febuary, every week when i asked him has he done it yet he said i'll do it later in the end ofsted got fed up and asked me to get someone else to do one for me

the problem is, when i had my pre reg visit she said we cant start my application process until we get both references, but i have had my crb's back and i was speaking to another childminder and she said her certificate came only weeks after she got her crb's back, so now i might have to wait another 3 months before i get my certificate, all because he couldnt take a minute of his time to do a reference and i have been asking him since febuary, its now nearly june.

Sept 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I am so angry

Why do you have to wait 3 months? Are you still working there? If you are make and appointment to see him/her and ask them to do it there and then.

Pipsqueak Guest

Thats what I was going to suggest - make an appointment (and pre-warn them why you want to see them) and get the reference.

If not can a supervisor or someone else do you a reference - do you have any links to DO's or other early years workers?

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

because my ofsted inspector said it takes 3 months from the start of the application to getting your certificate and she also said we cant start your application until we have both references, and ofsted sent another one out to me on thursday and i sent it of on friday, so they will get it tomorrow, bear in mind ofsted came out in april.

as for asking him to do it there and then, it wont make any difference i have asked someone else to do it for me, and they did it on that day too, why could't he.

the first person i asked to do my referance for me sent it of on the day she got it, that was back in febuary.

Jan 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd ask someone else if you can. I had a friend do it for me, and someone who had known me for years... I'd not been working, so had no employer to do it.

I would say it wouldn't take 3 months still. Ofsted say 3 months from when they get app, as they have to do pre-reg, and CRB checks, which you've already had done. All they are waiting for is the ref, so I would have thought as soon as they get it, the certificate will be issued.

It's so annoying waiting for something, which you have no control over. Just waiting on someone else to do something that effectively controls your life!!

xx

Daddy Day Care Guest

I had a lcola childminder do mine, and the lady who runs the parents and toits groups I go to, it asked for 2 people who knew what i was like around children, and my old boss wouldnt have a clue.

Hoping you get this sorted soon as mum2two said since pre reg is done and crb im sure you wont have to wait 3 months, fingers crossed anyway.

Gareth
    xx