Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Electric bill

Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry Electric bill

Hi I'm wondering if anyone else is mad about there elecric bill? My bill for this quarter is £330 which i think is absolute mad !!! I don't have electric heating i don't use the fire/heaters i have the usual applancies and a electric oven which i use daily!! come on my bill can't be this much?? any one else's bill is this stupid!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Electric bill

Have not had mine yet but I bet its going to be expensive also

Angel xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

yes me too who are you with mine was £412 for the quarter i was gutted ive just switched suppler because thought it would be cheeper and its doubled! im so angry and struggling to pay it!
    Im just a littlestar *

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I've had to pay extra on top of my direct debits just to balance it ... and the dds are high

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with npower with electric and british gas for gas.... i was going to have 1 supplier but i can't afford to pay off my gas and elec at the same time!!! I'm also struggling paying? i'm getting very nasty letters at mo!!

Dec 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Im with e on. I changed to them for a capped rate when the prices were going through the roof last year.

I pay gas and electric together. My monthly DD is £72 and after using more through winter i owe them £145 but it will balance out in summer so payments stay same. Although I can pay extra if i like.

This method suits me at the moment.
    XX Jill XX

Sept 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    I've had to pay extra on top of my direct debits just to balance it ... and the dds are high
    Me too Sarah. I paid £54 a month for electric and they say I owe them a further £202 and I pay £79 a month for gas and I owe them £3!!! That was Southern Electric and I've been persuaded to change to British Gas but I'm just not sure who's best. I'll wait and see how much they charge me but then I've already paid for the winter months.
    Sue

May 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I pay a DD for £85 to e.on for both gas and electricity. It's a capped price online one. We saved loads by doing it online instead of paper bills. And I got a letter yesterday saying our energy prices had gone down from March 09.

We have a nearly new 3 bed terrist(sp?), normal appliances, gas ovan and hobs. Don't use tumble dryer, do use dish washer.

Oh, e.on also sent us a little thing to attach to our electricity supply that tells us in real time what our electricity use is, which helps because I go round turning everything not in use until it's below a certain amount. DF hates having to turn the telly on at the wall when he wants to watch it but it saves loads on the electricity!
    ''We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.''

june 05
    Post Thanks / Like

its seems we are all in the same boat, struggaling with fuel bills. Mine are sitting to the side being ignored. I trying to pretend they not there. They came in as 2 mindees are leaving!!!!

oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

That seems a hec of a lot!
    I have a small house with gas and electric and i pay £60 a month for both.
    I would make sure that the bills you have aren't estimated, i never accept those andring them with the true readings.
    I am not tight with my heat and we are never cold but its always jumpers on first before the heating! lol

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sue m View Post
    Me too Sarah. I paid £54 a month for electric and they say I owe them a further £202 and I pay £79 a month for gas and I owe them £3!!! That was Southern Electric and I've been persuaded to change to British Gas but I'm just not sure who's best. I'll wait and see how much they charge me but then I've already paid for the winter months.
    Me too - just changing from n power to Southern Electric - I think my husband was conned - were paying £54 electric and £87 gas (because previous estimates were too low), now because we are changing have had bills for over £120 final payment for gas and £109 electric.

I just did the NCMA calculation of 33% x weeks in a month x direct debit amount all last year in my accounts - now I have just put through a third of the final bills (knocked a bit of last years accounts - which I finished on Monday) was that right as obviously I have not been paying the right amount each month?

aug 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Demonjill View Post
    Im with e on. I changed to them for a capped rate when the prices were going through the roof last year.

I pay gas and electric together. My monthly DD is £72 and after using more through winter i owe them £145 but it will balance out in summer so payments stay same. Although I can pay extra if i like.

This method suits me at the moment.
    we are with e.on and pay 70 for both, still got an extortionate bill come through!! wanted to change after that to british gas but need to pay this bill first which we cant afford at mo
    Marie.

May '09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

What are you all complaining about ?

My DD for gas and electrcity was £106 / month.

Just had a letter saying it is going up to £178 / month, from May .

I am mighty annoyed, and goodness knows where the money will come from but my horendous (sp?) bill stems from when they merged my gas and electricity bill together two years ago. Instead of putting both figures on the new bill as debits, they put one as a credit, so I now effectively owe double that amount.

Also wouldn't have minded if they had picked it up two years ago, as we had money to pay it then ......

May 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I just rang e.on and have saved £130 a year on my bill by switching to a better online tarriff. Give your energy companies a ring and see what they can offer.

Or try moneysupermarket.com and switch companies altogether, although doing this you will have to pay any outstanding to your current supplier, which if you have a hefty bill left over from winter will be hard to do.
    ''We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.''

Sept 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I was going to go with e.on and then British Gas persuaded me when I was ringing them about my mother's bill! I now wonder if I should have gone with e.on cos I've heard good things about them. I'll see how it goes and change again if I have to.

It never occurs to me to put anything down for minding.
    Sue

Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It must be all the leccy that the computers are using because of the time spent on the forum!!!!!!!1

Cx

Sept 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Now that I never thought of Christine!!!!
    Sue

July 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by christine e View Post
    It must be all the leccy that the computers are using because of the time spent on the forum!!!!!!!1

Cx
    I'm obviously not on it that much then as my electric was only £12

Carol xx

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

My letter came this morning to say my electricity direct debit had gone up to £104. Also no gas where we are so have to have oil heating. That costs about £600 a time to fill the tank up

Jan 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My DD's just been upped on gas to £49 a month, and this should even out what I owe. I pay £79 for elec, and owe them about £400 still... so £128 a month combined.

I don't know how it's so much!!

xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast