Toyota Estima/Lucida owners
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Toyota Estima/Lucida owners

Can I just ask how much you paid for yours? Roughly.

I am looking at one as I really could do with an 8 seater, but can't decide if its worth it.

Thanks

Jan 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Toyota Estima/Lucida owners

We got a J reg one last year & paid £1500. They do cost a bit, even for the older ones - so it depends what you want!

We had to take it back the next day as overheating, then again the next week as still doing it & had new rad fitted!

Then about 7 months later, rattled & smoked badly - was undrivable. One garage quoted £800+. In the end was turbo gone, which we got for £70 & had fitted for £70. But needed complete oil clean out as hadn't been touched for at least 3 yrs, as told by mechanic. Dealer who sold it to us, said it was his sis car, & he'd put a new engine in 18 mths prior...

Then the day I sold it, had a call from the buyers, they'd broken down about 5 miles away when filling up. Wouldn't start & started motor had gone!!

Picked one up for £40, and they had it fitted.

All in all though, drove ok... It was huge, but I'm just warning you to check it out thourghly, as they are old cars!!

xx

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the Toyota Previa (Estima) and it is an 8 seater. It is expensive to run on fuel and insurance isn't too bad. I would think about whether you will use the 8 seats 70% of your time. I had my spark plugs changed and it was £300 (they are platinum and need doing every 5 years or so) and this was unexpected.
    Debbie

Dec 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh well, never mind. We got outbid for it on Ebay anyway. Went to see it this afternoon and it drove nicely, no evidence of oil leaks, overheating etc (DH knows what he's looking for when it comes to stuff like that) and then spent the afternoon dithering about whether it was worth the starting price (never mind what it actually sold for in the end!)

I need 8 seats for the school run twice a day and so we can all go out during the holidays etc so I think its justified, but there'll be others...

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ours is 4 years old to us this weekend.

It cost £1800 and is an L reg.

It doesn't owe us a penny, a great buy!