Leaving 9yr old at sports session
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Leaving 9yr old at sports session

Got 5yr and 9yr old siblings over holidays. Mum has asked me to drive 9yr old boy to a sports session at a rugby club a couple of miles away (their home village) tomorrow morning 10-12 and leave him there then return to pick him up afterwards. She says he'll be fine and has been before. Should I be getting her to sign something to say she has asked me to do this, if I was to say I wasn't responsible for him during this time she would see this as a way of not having to pay me. Any advice appreciated as this is all new to me.
    Thanks, Denise

Sept 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Leaving 9yr old at sports session

I think I would get something in writing and also establish whether you are responsible while he is there.

I would charge straight through too as you ate dropping of and picking up and could not fill the space for that amount of time.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I would say that you are responsible for him if they close half way through, or he falls ill during the session or something, but surely they are responsible for him during the session (sports centre folks) presumably Mum has signed something for them??
    Deb X

Non childminder member
    lazy bum!
    Post Thanks / Like

I would get a form filled in to state the request of dropping off and picking up with no supervision from you during his time at rugby but charge for it too.
    Busy losing the will to live mwuahahahaha!

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I've done this at council run play schemes for the over 9's. They did give me forms to be filled in and I also did one for my parents which they signed. However I was the emergency contact number so if it shut early etc it would be me collecting so yes I charged for this time
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door