Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Funded pre school sessions

Has anyone heard that they are meant to be offering 6 funded pre school sessions per week to 3 year olds from 2010?

One of my parents seems to think this is the case.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Funded pre school sessions

I haven't heard that.

Wait for someone more knowledgeable to come along. Sarah.....................

Miffy xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You can only offer funded sessions if you are part of a Children Come First network and accredited. There are lots of areas where they won't let this happen... my part of Cheshire for example.

As far as I am aware there are no changes to what we do already in the pipeline... maybe the parent is confused with what nurseries are offering? There has been some messing about by the Govt who first said all 2 year olds would get free funded care and have now backtracked and are saying it's only going to be in deprived areas...

Certainly Ofsted have not said anything in their literature about this ... there was a speech by the Queen the other day but she didn't mention any specifics except the 2 year old change of mind as far as I am aware.

Hth

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    You can only offer funded sessions if you are part of a Children Come First network and accredited. There are lots of areas where they won't let this happen... my part of Cheshire for example.

As far as I am aware there are no changes to what we do already in the pipeline... maybe the parent is confused with what nurseries are offering? There has been some messing about by the Govt who first said all 2 year olds would get free funded care and have now backtracked and are saying it's only going to be in deprived areas...

Certainly Ofsted have not said anything in their literature about this ... there was a speech by the Queen the other day but she didn't mention any specifics except the 2 year old change of mind as far as I am aware.

Hth
    I knew you'd have the answer

Miffy xx

Aug 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I am on the committee for our local kindergarten and at the last meeting it was mentioned that there is a chance that the current pre-school funding for nurseries will be increased from 12 to 15 hours but no confirmation as of yet. Maybe this is what they are talking about?

Mel

Dec 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by melanieabigail2004 View Post
    I am on the committee for our local kindergarten and at the last meeting it was mentioned that there is a chance that the current pre-school funding for nurseries will be increased from 12 to 15 hours but no confirmation as of yet. Maybe this is what they are talking about?

Mel
    Yes, thats what I mean. Mum is trying to juggle it so that she gets some "free" childcare, long story! I was working on the basis that we get 5 x 2.5 hour funded sessons but she said we will be getting 6 x 2.5 hour funded sessions which does make it 15 hours.

Thanks Sarah. I hadnt heard anything about it so was confussed when she told me! I had heard about the 2 year olds being rejected though.