Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: First Enquiry

Registered Childminder since
    Dec 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default First Enquiry

Hi all I have a lady calling me today to discuss minding her daughter she has just turned 5 and is at school full time so ahe just wants me for the few days of the school holiay leading up to christmas. I know its not a permanent mindee but its a start and it may throw some recommendations my way. Question is how do I contract her if its only for the odd day here and there and as she is school would I need to be following the EYFS framework it seem its a lot to be doing obs and all the bumbf for a few days obviously we will be doing lots of christmas activities as my children will be at home too. How do you guys play it when you have occasional mindees.
    All advise grately appreciated
    Debbie

Feb 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: First Enquiry

thats good hun, like you said its a start and may lead to more mindee's.

i cant help you with ob etc but im sure some one will soon xx
    To Dare Is To Do

Feb 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

i have bought the short childminding contracts for ncma use them

Feb 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, firstly, congratulations on getting an enquiry. It took me quite a while to get my first one.
    I have one mindee who is on temporary contracts. If you're with NCMA you can use those, if not you can write your own. I just write the contracts up when the parent gives me the dates she requires.
    With regards to the EYFS, I must admit, my temporary mindee's file isn't that big a) because he's not here much and b) because he doesn't like his photo being taken! However, if I were you, I'd just involve the child in the activities you have planned and just make a few observations. It will give you good practice. I don't find it too much of a bind. Just take some pics of the child doing some work or a picture of the finished product and write a few notes about it. Good luck.
    Mrs.M x