Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    January
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pushchair outdoors?

I sometimes leave the pushchair outside the front of the house rather than bring it in. Would mrs osted object tothis?Should i risk assess it?

Sept 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Pushchair outdoors?

Depends where it is I guess, if its in the middle of the path then they might mind.

I think if its questionable re the risk assesment then you should do one, shows that you were thinking about the safety.

January
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Good point - thank you!

Dec 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I always leave the pushchair on my drive and just put the raincover over it. I obviously dont leave the children outside in it. If a child does happen to go to sleep I move it inside.

I cant see why it would need a risk assessment unless your front door opens on to the pavement.
    Paula

Nov 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

At my old house the double & quad lived outside the front door...used to cover them with tarpaulin...made it part of my emergency fire plan ie had something to keep lo's safe outside...on route to emergency person...if weather was awful etc!!
    Blaze x

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I was told a few years ago that if I left a pushchair unattended then it wouldn't be covered on my insurance if it was stolen so I always bring it indoors now.

January
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that's fair enough - the insurance. But at the moment I bring the pushchair in and in such a small house it's a trip hazard plus it brings so much irt in with it at the moment. I'd obviously never leave thekids in it, cover with the raincover if wet etc..... I like the par of the fire escape plan idea

Nov 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

i leave mine on the front its in the garden ofsted came and they never said anything about it just as long as its not in the way of people you will be fine

apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I often leave mine outside, unless the weather is really bad.

I have a set of parents who bring the baby in his pushchair , then left the pushchair here, It is a great big thing, one of those with a clock/temperature gauge on, even when folded it still takes up as much room. But with having my own double, which gets used every time we go out, and a single, so did not have the room to keep them all inside, so most of the time left my double out Then last week, because I knew parents went back home before they go work, I picked up the courage and asked them to take theirs back with them everyday. They were fine about it especially when I said it was causing a hazard in a fire emergency.
    Helen xXx

apr 08
    Post Thanks / Like

My youngest mindees mum puts him to sleep outside in most weather aparantly, (she's norweigen) so it gets left out side in back garden covered over
    Mandy
    Anyone got any Chocolate Buttons?

Jan 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

SCARY STORY CUT SHORT.... y friend use to visit and leave her pram out the front door (didnt fit through anyway),,, Mrs Ofsted turned up out the blue and said there had been a complaint ,,,, i was leaving children outside unattended all day
    Just then my friend turned up and as always left her double pram outside the front door,,, MRS OFSTED STAYED FOR 2HRS i was a mess when she left but at least i cleared my name, she said we can let children sleep out doors as long as we are supervising them!!! so why turn up if its something we are allowed to do?
    i still leave the double prams outside they dont fit in the door and would be a fire escape hazard if blocked the hall ,,,,,

leave your pram where you want to just keep it covered and check for insects and frogs b4 you put the child in the pram ,,,, YES FROGS do jump and rest in funny places lol

Post Thanks / Like

Now why didnt I think to leave the pushchair outside

I thought it a good idea till you mentioned frogs then it got me thinking about FLOATERS and you all know how scared I am of them

So think I will leave the pushchair indoors after all haha

Angel xx

Jan 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

ohhh angel you wimp pmsl