Qualifications and registration info please
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    I am interested in becoming a childminder so I can stay with my daughter.
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Qualifications and registration info please

hiya my name is kristie im 23 and have a 5 month old baby. i have just joined the site. I am moving house in a couple of months and want to start child minding instead of going back to work. i am a qualified nursery nurse. i have a diploma in childcare and education level 3. i was basically just wondering will i need to do any other courses to become a registered childminder or is my diploma enough. i have first aid and food hygiene too. thanks guys x

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Qualifications and registration info please

hi and welcome to the site.

Go and introduce yourself in the hello section were all very friendly!

You will need to go to a meeting where they explain what childminding is about and they explain the registration process and will tell you what youneed to do.

You already seem really well qualified but think you will still need to do a ICP course its a very easy course with a tiny exam at the end andit lasts about 6-7 weeks.

Hope this helps

Louise x