Received childcare grant
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Received childcare grant

Hi I have received money for start up grant will I be asked to see recipes for where it's all gone? Or now I've been sent it is that it? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jessymax View Post
    Hi I have received money for start up grant will I be asked to see recipes for where it's all gone? Or now I've been sent it is that it? Thanks

That's it! Enjoy spending!!! :-) x

Registered Childminder since
    May 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I would still keep receipts for what you buy. Did you receive any kind of paperwork with the grant explaining what you had to do?

Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Remember it has to go into your accounts as income and then you put the receipts through as well
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Post Thanks / Like

Oops sorry didn't know all this!

Post Thanks / Like

My friend recently got audited for it and she just had to email pics of all her receipts and they were fine. She said it was easy etc.
    They don't audit everyone I think it's just random. X

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet54 View Post
    My friend recently got audited for it and she just had to email pics of all her receipts and they were fine. She said it was easy etc. They don't audit everyone I think it's just random. X
    Ooh Sh!t good job I just learnt this haha!

Simona Guest

I have received many grants when childminding...grants are NOT income but you have to declare them separately...those who have been able to study with a grant know this very well

Your accountant will want to see proof of your grant and then will deal with it in the Tax Return....if you have no accountant then check with anyone qualified to give the right advice on grants.

Grants are not subject to an 'audit'...who will audit them? the LAs? if so that is incorrect because the grant comes from the DfE itself and there are more coming in the future for the EY sector
    The only audit we can have is to prove we do not charge for the free entitlement and have to prove how we spend EYPP...nothing else.

A grant of this sort can be spent for 'starting a childcare business'...if it comes from the DfE they will give guidelines

Please check the information that is being given here....I don't think it is correct and it may put new cms off claiming the grant and others from applying for new current initiatives

If you are confused please read the Gov.uk on grants

https://www.gov.uk/business-finance-explained/grants

Simona Guest

You must have applied for the grant...what does the small print say?...keep the original application filed away in your portfolio

Check with an accountant or similarly qualified person how to deal with the grant.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    I have received many grants when childminding...grants are NOT income but you have to declare them separately...those who have been able to study with a grant know this very well

Your accountant will want to see proof of your grant and then will deal with it in the Tax Return....if you have no accountant then check with anyone qualified to give the right advice on grants.

Grants are not subject to an 'audit'...who will audit them? the LAs? if so that is incorrect because the grant comes from the DfE itself and there are more coming in the future for the EY sector
    The only audit we can have is to prove we do not charge for the free entitlement and have to prove how we spend EYPP...nothing else.

A grant of this sort can be spent for 'starting a childcare business'...if it comes from the DfE they will give guidelines

Please check the information that is being given here....I don't think it is correct and it may put new cms off claiming the grant and others from applying for new current initiatives

If you are confused please read the Gov.uk on grants

https://www.gov.uk/business-finance-explained/grants
    The people that issued the grant called for the audit sorry if I was unclear.
    It was a start up grant to cover the costs of becoming a childminder

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet54 View Post
    The people that issued the grant called for the audit sorry if I was unclear.
    It was a start up grant to cover the costs of becoming a childminder
    Thank you for the reply
    Yes that would be the DfE as the start up grant comes from their budget
    Like most grants there would have been a form to fill in and other requirements to establish the person is starting a childcare business

more info here

Childcare Business Grants Scheme - Home page

Post Thanks / Like

don't plan on having an accountant if your organised and understand tax return etc u don't need one. have filed paperwork and received something back from them today but nothing of any importance will obviously keep all receipts in general. thanks all! x

Simona Guest

don't plan on having an accountant if your organised and understand tax return etc u don't need one. have filed paperwork and received something back from them today but nothing of any importance will obviously keep all receipts in general. thanks all! x
    Thanks for your reply Jessymax...good to read you have sorted this out.
    having an accountant is not a requirement and it is neither a question of being organized nor understanding Tax Returns....that was not really the question!

Every cm has a choice in how they deal with personal/their business financial matters but we are not trained nor can ever understand the complicated and ever changing world of budgets, personal finances or self employment benefits including grants and loans.

I do have an accountant and would not give that up for anything in the world even though I am organized and have ran 2 businesses for over 20 years
    I can see how a tax return can easily be filled ...or is it?.....at the same time I do not expect my accountants to be 'qualified and experienced' in the ins and out of childcare...they listen to me when I inform them of changes as I listen to their expert and knowledgeable advice on financial matters.
    There is also a difference between an accountant and tax advisor which accountants can also be.

My comment was 'check with those' who are qualified to give a reply to your question as you appeared not to understand about your grant and what you would be asked to show.

Good luck with it as I am sure it will be small but a helpful step for your small business!

I also would like to make one correction to my statement...the Grant for Start-up is not from the DfE although Nicky Morgan has publicised and endorsed it ...it comes from the Equalities Office as Morgan is also the Minister for Women and Equalities ...believe it or not
    Last edited by Simona; 12-12-2015 at 09:33 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

the way you speak to people is very degrading maybe you should re think as I have seen many of your blunt and rude replies that get peoples backs up all over this forum! wow!

Simona Guest

the way you speak to people is very degrading maybe you should re think as I have seen many of your blunt and rude replies that get peoples backs up all over this forum! wow!
    I have explained that I am not rude or blunt just direct....I am not sure which style we need to adopt when stating facts.
    maybe you could explain what is 'degrading' when discussing financial matters or other issues and providing facts?

I think you have received many good replies but have taken mine in a different way...it happens.