Termly updates
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Termly updates

Post Thanks / Like

Default Termly updates

For those of you that do termly updates for parents and other settings, how do you define s term? Do you include literally every single term or do you do like summer term, autumn term, winter term and spring term sort of thing? Thanks! :-)

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I follow school terms, no real reason why, it just works for me. So Spring term is Jan-Easter, Summer term is Easter to Aug, Autumn term is Sept to Xmas.

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I do one in July, which includes 'leavers' reports to their new schools and then one end Nov/Dec.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moggy View Post
    I follow school terms, no real reason why, it just works for me. So Spring term is Jan-Easter, Summer term is Easter to Aug, Autumn term is Sept to Xmas.
    Thanks moggy this sounds better, I was thinking I might have to do an update after every singe term so even after every half term but this was working out to be about 7 updates which seemed a tad excessive !!! :-)

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    Thanks moggy this sounds better, I was thinking I might have to do an update after every singe term so even after every half term but this was working out to be about 7 updates which seemed a tad excessive !!! :-)
    Just to clarify Mumofone...but I don't think any doc or guidance mentions 'termly' updates ...or after term updates

sorry just to clarify for those who are newly registered....it maybe a tad confusing for them!

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    Just to clarify Mumofone...but I don't think any doc or guidance mentions 'termly' updates ...or after term updates

sorry just to clarify for those who are newly registered....it maybe a tad confusing for them!
    Yes, the only update/review/report we 'have' to do is the one between 24-26mths. No other written review/report/update is a requirement. You may choose to do one at any frequency you like- but you have to consider the peperwork you are creating and how you can sustain that with the potential/future number of EY mindees you may have. But no one can say it is 'needed' or that you 'have to'.

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by moggy View Post
    Yes, the only update/review/report we 'have' to do is the one between 24-26mths. No other written review/report/update is a requirement. You may choose to do one at any frequency you like- but you have to consider the peperwork you are creating and how you can sustain that with the potential/future number of EY mindees you may have. But no one can say it is 'needed' or that you 'have to'.
    You so right...it is all very thinly stated in the EYFS...apart from the 3 year old check which is a must the EYFSP is also a must but not one we need to do.....or rarely.
    Ask the DfE or Ofsted and the answer now is the same: it is up to you to decide as we do not prescribe!...hardly helpful.

I never did termly 'short summaries' as I went with the parents and child's interests and needs
    As for paperwork I can honestly say I was brutal is doing what was necessary and not produce anything 'just in case'.

Thanks for your reply.