Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Glitter glue pens ideas

Got carried away tonight in Hobbycraft and bought Crayola glitter glue pens because they were a bargain!!
    Now what on earth do I do with them....

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Decorate stones to make 'magic stones', same with shells, conkers, leaves, sticks, pine cones, acorns

Decorate salt dough creations - candle holders/beads/Diwali or Christmas decorations

Decorate jam jars and pop in a tea light

Decorating card cut outs of the first letter of their name/age number

Make twinkly night time pictures/stars

Oh, and of course bonfire night is coming up...

The children will probably be happy just painting their hands, lol.

3. Likes lollipop kid, FloraDora liked this post
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

We did some lovely firework pictures with glitter glue/pens last year, on paper plates they made them VERY sparkly and stuck stars on them then we hole punched and tied coloured ribbons through them and stuck them all in the window.
    They were also used loads to make Xmas cards/decorations/pictures

5. Likes FloraDora, Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Goodness .... what don't we use glitter glue for? !!!!

My lot can use a pack of glitter glue in the blink of an eye!

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

So, actually the glue aspect sticks down the glitter? Less mess !
    I was having a minor moment and thought why have I bought glitter glue that is going to be covered up in a sticking activity?
    I will put it out on the craft trolley and see what they do with them today.
    The fireworks and glitter to enhance Christmassy things makes sense...thankyou for your ideas.

8. Likes Maza liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post
    So, actually the glue aspect sticks down the glitter? Less mess ! I was having a minor moment and thought why have I bought glitter glue that is going to be covered up in a sticking activity? I will put it out on the craft trolley and see what they do with them today. The fireworks and glitter to enhance Christmassy things makes sense...thankyou for your ideas.
    Lol I'm glad you asked flora, I've been wondering the same!!! :-)

Simona Guest

Got carried away tonight in Hobbycraft and bought Crayola glitter glue pens because they were a bargain!!
    Now what on earth do I do with them....
    Let the children show you....they do know how to use them and produce wonderful art with them!!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Let us know what they come up with!

Mine also use them as icing pens to decorate play dough cakes and they are good on fabric too.

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You are quite right Simona....So...I added them to my craft trolley and a particular creative Hawkeyes 3 year old spotted them straight away....she set herself up a creating area with the glitter glue pens, some flowers and a green piece of paper...and off she went, creating 'my garden' - looking out of the window and making her picture look like my fountain area....she used the glue pens for...water....she filled in the butterfly outline she drew and made sparkly butterflies, she put a blob in the centre of all the precut material flowers she had chosen....and finally she put some in Grandmas hair ...for her sparkly hair clips! Her mum is an artist and art teacher so her skills and ideas are usually very creative, she is a bit obsessed with collage pictures currently, so the glitter glue gave her another dimension...but two hours later and the thick butterflies are still not dry.
    Thank you all for your ideas, but I should have just waited for this particular Little Miss Artist! The water looks good coming out of the rock fountain so I will log this idea for future water related projects too...along with all your ideas.

13. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

You are quite right Simona....So...I added them to my craft trolley and a particular creative Hawkeyes 3 year old spotted them straight away....she set herself up a creating area with the glitter glue pens, some flowers and a green piece of paper...and off she went, creating 'my garden' - looking out of the window and making her picture look like my fountain area....she used the glue pens for...water....she filled in the butterfly outline she drew and made sparkly butterflies, she put a blob in the centre of all the precut material flowers she had chosen....and finally she put some in Grandmas hair ...for her sparkly hair clips! Her mum is an artist and art teacher so her skills and ideas are usually very creative, she is a bit obsessed with collage pictures currently, so the glitter glue gave her another dimension...but two hours later and the thick butterflies are still not dry.
    Thank you all for your ideas, but I should have just waited for this particular Little Miss Artist! The water looks good coming out of the rock fountain so I will log this idea for future water related projects too...along with all your ideas.
    Wow, that's great creativity from a 3 year old - love it

You'll find that glitter glue does take forever to dry. If you want to speed things up a bit you could try using a hairdryer on it.

That gives me another idea. Have you ever tried puffy paints? Similar to glitter glue, but you leave it to dry, heat it with a haridryer or heat gun and it puffs up.

AMOS GLOBAL

15. Likes Maza, FloraDora, loocyloo liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh Maza...you've started me thinking and looking now! My spending plan is not supposed to be art linked!!
    These bargain glitter pens are going to end up leading to a bigger spend.....she will love those too...but she hates loud noises so the hairdryer is another activity which will be good for her...if it's not set half an hour before she goes home we can find out together how a hairdryer works.

17. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Maza...you've started me thinking and looking now! My spending plan is not supposed to be art linked!!
    These bargain glitter pens are going to end up leading to a bigger spend.....she will love those too...but she hates loud noises so the hairdryer is another activity which will be good for her...if it's not set half an hour before she goes home we can find out together how a hairdryer works.
    Mouse, I agree, those pens look good. I have had 'making puffy paint' on my list for ages, but these might save me the job!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

A lot of them can be used on fabric as well.

I bought a big pack of them from Costco a while back, but I don't know if they still do them. I can't remember how much I paid, but I know they were cheap!

20. Likes Maza liked this post
    Simona Guest

Wow!...sad there was not one inspector in sight to observe such skills and creativity in this child!
    you must be pleased with the result !

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    Wow!...sad there was not one inspector in sight to observe such skills and creativity in this child!
    you must be pleased with the result !
    The resulting creation was great...I would love to take the credit for her creative development in this area...but I think I have to give it to her mum! She has been encouraged ....and probably has it in her genes too, to look closely ....her clothes are a little whacky in colour...and texture , as is her home environment...so she is surrounded by positive, vibrant creativity in her life....and so she responds to this....she is great at stimulating the others! ( and me)
    I have to be honest and say that I deliberately led her into following her thoughts into Art when I was inspected....knowing that she would be impressed...but at this point the inspector focussed on the paperwork!
    I had asked my parents to return a sample of the art work I had sent home ( I know all my parents have art galleries of their work) and hers was returned on a huge circular ring with clips....looked good...so I presented the other Childrens similarly and left them with my paperwork...easy to flip through .and instantly showing the variety of experiences and progression ...Mrs O was impressed...and I forgot to tell her that I had an art teacher as a parent...oops.
    Having said this though...if you remember I set myself the task of creating a free play art area and my Inspector hooked on this and put it as a development ( which meant I had to do it!!)I now have a craft trolley... this works well for her...she is so precise in knowing what she wants ...loves to have everything to hand and I don't need to always be there...so it does help.
    However, it is wheeled into the kitchen, behind the door gate when my youngest LO is here as he is also happy to touch everything, open tins and boxes and squirt paint....mainly onto the carpet!! But the older ones can still see it and access it out of his finger reach.
    I' m off to Manchester this weekend..another Fred Aldous visit is planned for puffy paint ( I have decided to make games and transfer my budget for Orchard games onto fancy art things...because ...I can...I'm in charge!!)

23. Likes loocyloo liked this post