Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ofsted Application

Hi everyone!

My name is Ellie and I'm a qualified Primary School Teacher. I have decided to put teaching on hold whilst my children are young so have decided to peruse a career for now as a childminder. I have completed a Homebased Childcare Award and Paediatric First Aid Training. I also have mine and my husband's DBS checks so I applied to Ofsted a couple of weeks ago. Today I had a message on the Ofsted Online website stating

'EYC submission is completed

Your Ofsted application has been successfully submitted.

Ofsted URN: *******'

Does anybody know what will happen next? Could I still have a long wait ahead of me?

Thanks in advance.

Ellie

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thegrowingpatch View Post
    Hi everyone!

My name is Ellie and I'm a qualified Primary School Teacher. I have decided to put teaching on hold whilst my children are young so have decided to peruse a career for now as a childminder. I have completed a Homebased Childcare Award and Paediatric First Aid Training. I also have mine and my husband's DBS checks so I applied to Ofsted a couple of weeks ago. Today I had a message on the Ofsted Online website stating

'EYC submission is completed

Your Ofsted application has been successfully submitted.

Ofsted URN: *******'

Does anybody know what will happen next? Could I still have a long wait ahead of me?

Thanks in advance.

Ellie
    Hi, I too applied 2 weeks ago, ive paid my registration fee to them and forwarded the health declaration and now awaiting the phone call. Some people get a phone call after a week but others seem to wait longer. It probably depends how busy they are in your area. I think mine might take longer because in 2008 I had a slipped disc and no doubt they will be checking this out so I dread to think how long it will be

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi!

I've not paid a registration fee yet as don't they send you an invoice or can I do this without being sent an invoice?

😊

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I forgot to say Amanda, I hope it doesn't take you too long to get registered! If you're anything like me, you will be eager to start! 😊

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi!

I've not paid a registration fee yet as don't they send you an invoice or can I do this without being sent an invoice?

😊
    Hi, They will send you a security token, which is a number and with this you will input it when you pay your invoice. You should receive a letter asking you to pay $35 online. Don't forget to send your health declaration to them. Yes I am eager to start as I've had my first parent through the door today and wants me to start asap.

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi

That's great news that you have someone lined up!

I've had the security tokens and confirmation letter come today. I sent my health declaration to Ofsted ages ago but the letter said that I will need to pay reg fee when I get the invoice and the health declaration before they will come out. I hope it's just a standard letter and they've not lost my health declaration. I've emailed them today to ask if they have got it.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi

That's great news that you have someone lined up!

I've had the security tokens and confirmation letter come today. I sent my health declaration to Ofsted ages ago but the letter said that I will need to pay reg fee when I get the invoice and the health declaration before they will come out. I hope it's just a standard letter and they've not lost my health declaration. I've emailed them today to ask if they have got it.
    I sent my health declaration to them by post but also took a copy of it so when I got exactly the same letter as you I scanned it and emailed it to them as well. I also emailed and asked if they had received it and they Said they had it.

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Ellie,

I paid my registration fee on the 5th May, sent my health declaration back on the 6th and had a call from ofsted on the 15th to arrange my pre-reg visit. Had my visit last Monday and she said I should have my certificate sometime next week. So that all happened within 2 weeks of paying my fee.

Good luck and hopefully you won't have long to wait now.

Claire x