Working in partnership...
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Working in partnership...

Do I need parents consent before I make contact with the child's other setting (eg pre school)? Or should I?

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I get a general permission to work with other agencies/settings when a child joins. Then when another setting becomes involved I write a letter to other setting addressed from me AND parents to introduce myself and asking to work together saying parents give permission for that, signed by me AND parents.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moggy View Post
    Yes, I get a general permission to work with other agencies/settings when a child joins. Then when another setting becomes involved I write a letter to other setting addressed from me AND parents to introduce myself and asking to work together saying parents give permission for that, signed by me AND parents.
    Thanks moggy, is that in the form an actual permissions form or just a verbal/email agreement?

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    Thanks moggy, is that in the form an actual permissions form or just a verbal/email agreement?
    I have 1 permission form listing all the permissions I need and parents tick them all and sign once. This covers everything from permission to taking in my car, on outings, for working with other settings/agencies, sleeping in buggy, carrying in sling, photo/video permission etc etc

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moggy View Post
    I have 1 permission form listing all the permissions I need and parents tick them all and sign once. This covers everything from permission to taking in my car, on outings, for working with other settings/agencies, sleeping in buggy, carrying in sling, photo/video permission etc etc
    Thanks Moggy, thats great :-)
    Slightly off topic but do we need persmission for carrying in a sling? I hadnt even thought of that..

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Moggy, thats great :-)
    Slightly off topic but do we need persmission for carrying in a sling? I hadnt even thought of that..
    I use slings a lot so I do have a policy and a permission. If you have no plans to use a sling then you don't need one.

Simona Guest

If you take on a child who already attends another setting then I would ensure the parents act as go-between....the What to expect when? document is the one to use as the tool for sharing.

It will be a requirement to share information but we know that some nurseries/preschools are a bit reluctant.
    To make it more official I would put 'permission to share information with other settings' in your contract...then it is a binding requirement not a verbal agreement....it is in the parents' interests to ensure this is in place.