Thinking of starting up
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Thinking of starting up

Hi everyone, sorry if this is in the wrong place have just made an account and am not too sure of the forum etiquette! I am thinking of getting into childminding as I am a mum of two boys, the youngest has turned 18 and off to uni in September so I will have allot of free time (and a tad of empty nest syndrome). Any advice on getting started would be great. I have found this :https://www.childcare.co.uk/informat...nding-business through my initial research but would be great to hear from people who have started from a similar position.

Thanks,

Rose

Registered Childminder since
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RoseWade View Post
    Hi everyone, sorry if this is in the wrong place have just made an account and am not too sure of the forum etiquette! I am thinking of getting into childminding as I am a mum of two boys, the youngest has turned 18 and off to uni in September so I will have allot of free time (and a tad of empty nest syndrome). Any advice on getting started would be great. I have found this :https://www.childcare.co.uk/informat...nding-business through my initial research but would be great to hear from people who have started from a similar position.

Thanks,

Rose
    Whatever you do...do not forget you can claim a Staring grant of £500 as a CM...when you approach your lA they must inform you how to apply for it!

Good luck