What are your first thoughts?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What are your first thoughts?

Hi, I have not been childminding too long but log on to my account everyday on a certain website and over last year have seen the same families reappear time and time again looking for care, now my first thoughts are run like the wind as either child or parents must be nightmare. Does anyone else feel like this? Do these poor families ever find care? luckily they never contact me .

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you sure they're still looking? Some parents leave their profile active even when they do find care and don't ever update it to say they're no longer looking.

There is one lady locally who advertised about 4 years ago. She found a childminder, who then gave up so mum was looking again. She then moved house, so had to find someone else, then moved back and looked again. She didn't like that childminder so advertised for someone else...and now her daughter is at a school that the latest childminder didn't pick up from, so she had to look yet again!

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

They might be lovely but need unusual hours which many childminders do not provide.

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Also some families' may just have someone look at them by email and then look (does it work that way- I know as a childminder we get notified each time a parent looks)

Post Thanks / Like

yep definitely still looking as requirements change each time. I do feel sorry for the families that just don't seem to find any care some have been looking for months but then these are families who want it all there way and when you say sorry I don't offer that serivce e.g not driving children anywhere or going out for the you never hear from again .

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My first thought? Tip this argument on its head. I log into the childcare website every day. Does that mean I'm struggling to find clients?