Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Dolls houses?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dolls houses?

What ages would you tend to use these with? Thanks

Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

It depends what sort I have a number of plastic small town houses and a large 4 story wooden one. Iv had a 8 month old sit happily and play with chunky plastic people, putting them in and out, under and over and various other hiding places up to a 14 year old who made her own peg dolls, designed rooms etc.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking for a 6 year old? Would they be interested dyou think?

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you are better off getting a multi use house, we got a farm from Lidl and bought house furniture too so it's a farm and another day a house, it was a fire station today and was a hospital last week.

Post Thanks / Like

I was looking at mine today and am considering putting it in the loft! To big and hardly gets played with, and I have a few age 5-6.

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    From babies upwards....for boys and girls!!!

I have photos of a 1 year old boy playing with the dolls house...not with dolls but using it as a garage!! ...for exploration and imagination and the inevitable 'open and close' the doors a thousand times...as babies do!!!

Older children have also used it for various purposes...that includes boys....they often use them as garages or a farm!!!
    Dolls house are a really wonderful resource ...don't relegate them to the loft!!!
    If it is unused ask the children why?...let them develop their own ideas...do a bit of HighScope...let them Plan, Do and Review the play!!!

Also assess why it is never used...is it in the right place? available? inviting?

keep us posted!
    Last edited by Simona; 21-03-2015 at 08:09 AM.

pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    prospective childmin
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought my son one from toys r us for £30 with furniture (it has small bits so some won't be any use if there's little ones around) but the dolls are a lovely size and I've had a 4 year old, 8 year old and 11 year old all playing with it. My son's made a campsite out of the box too so the doll family go camping on the weekend!

Oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    Hello, I've just come across this post on Facebook for a foldaway dolls' house complete with really cute printables, and had to share it with the forum (for anyone like me who doesn't have loads of space in their setting, or just likes to cobble resources out of bits.)

Enjoy!

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...type=2&theater

L