Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Quick question about fees

Had an enquiry about odd adhoc care for a 6mth old. If you usually charge £4 phr inclusive, what would you charge for adhoc care?
    I have done lots of adhoc in the past although usually for slightly older children and only charge approx. 20p more but tbh have never thought it enough. It's a lot of potential hassle doing adhoc work until you get to know the child, paperwork etc.
    What kind of hourly rate would you charge for this??

xxx

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Not too sure about adhoc for under 5's. I've done it before but with an over 8 so just charged as and when.

Its really difficult to say as they are literally taking a 5 day week space. If they are a sibling of an existing child meaning I would have 4 under 5 then I would be inclined to charge normal rate as they wouldn't be taking a space. But if it's a new child then you'll have to charge more but unsure how much.

If your normal rate is £4 how about £5 just to make up for the fact that they are taking more days than they are actually taking.
    Last edited by JCrakers; 25-02-2015 at 10:47 AM. Reason: rushed and missed letters out
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 ad hoc children who come now & again and I charge £1 an hour extra for them.

I don't save any spaces for them. Usual parents phone me up to ask what spaces I will have available during a certain week and I tell them. They can then book & pay for the times they want. Sometimes it's only for a couple of hours, sometimes for a full day.
    Other times they'll phone up & ask if I can have the child on a certain day. If I can I'll do it, if I can't I won't.

I don't save any spaces for them and I am under no obligation to take them, even if I do have the space. Parents know not to reply on me having a space unless it is booked and paid for. If they want guaranteed days they need to pay full fee for them.

4. Likes JCrakers liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I offer AdHoc care but there's no guarantees that I will be available as I don't reserve spaces for them. Parents can contact me and ask if I have space on x day/ x times. I ll say yes or no and they pay for that date and time. I charge my normal rate as its a little bit of extra income for me (a small bonus) I don't really think about extra paperwork as once we've filled in child record forms and signed a contract there isn't much paperwork to be done unless they start coming regularly and then it's not really AdHoc.

6. Likes Mouse liked this post
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I only do ad-hoc on the understanding that they get in touch to ask when they need the care for and only if I have space can they come. So they need to realise I may not be able to do it. I still charge my normal hourly rate.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I was interested to see how much extra per hour (or not) some of you charge for adhoc. I do offer adhoc to many families already, I have all shift workers as contracted parents so it does mean I often have spaces on an adhoc basis so if a parent calls needing a space I can either offer it or not. They are not contracted parents. BUT, because it's the difference between having a quieter day when one or two of my shift workers aren't in or taking on an adhoc child and having a busier day I need to feel it is worth my while. I think I will charge 70p per hr more than my contracted rates. If it's too much for them then I'm not that bothered as I do like to have a quieter day now and then as some days are absolutely manic when all my shiftees are in lol.

Thanks all

xxx