The moment you have a mine breakdown at the front door..........................
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default The moment you have a mine breakdown at the front door..........................

..................................when a Dad knocks whose child you haven't collected from school.

Mini panic sets in because you had assumed mindee was at an after school club but you panic thinking you had missed a text

But no dad had just turned up here instead of school
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I've had a parent turn up to collect a child who wasn't even booked in for that day! Relief when I realised it wasn't me getting it wrong...

3. Likes FussyElmo liked this post
    Oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I've actually put a 'bonger' on my phone for every after-school pick-up. (I used to have 4 after-schoolies, all part-time, on a variety of days.) It was a constant nightmare making sure I was on top of who I was supposed to be getting each day, so the 'bonger' was the only way I could think of to keep me straight. I also started doing the "register" religiously at pick-up time, just in case one had got forgotten!

Glad I only have one after-schooly now. I waited for her for 10 minutes today at school. No sign. No message from parents. I then went into the office. Child was off sick and parents hadn't told me. I phoned them and got massive apologies from Dad - naturally he blamed Mum as she was supposed to call me to let me know. Yeah - right!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh my it's awful. It happened to me a lot when I was teaching. Also, I booked a day off when it was DD's birthday and was on the bus into town to collect stuff for the party. Just happened to check my phone and noticed several missed calls and a voice mail from a dad. I panicked and presumed I had forgotten to tell him I had a day off. Bless him, he was just wondering when would be a convenient time to bring mindee over to drop off a present for DD. I don't think they realise the effect this sort of thing has on us!

sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

I was waiting on the bus to drop of my only after schoolie today... sometimes it can be a wee bit late so after 10 mins I tried to ring mum as bus must have driven past my house... It stops at my drive and he walks all 20 yards up .. I get mum on the phone just as he walked through her office door.. He had decided he wanted to go home to get his charger for his tablet ... phew. Me and his mum explained to him about what could have happened
    Tess1981

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Dad texted mum after picking x up and says of Fussy says I turned up there she was mistaken

Mum says I have permission to put him on the reflection spot for giving me a heart attack. I told her chocolate is good for such a fright
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I remember when parents didn't come once!!

One was in Manchester at the pub and the other was miles away as well ... they were both totally convinced the other was collecting

Oh how we laughed about it later

9. Likes FussyElmo, TabbyTuTu liked this post