The difference between childminding and
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The difference between childminding and

Hi Can anyone tell me what the advantages and differences and disadvantages of childminding and childcare on domestic premises are please. I have to apply for planning permission to carry on childminding with my two assistants anyway and i'm wondering if I should apply as childcare on domestic premises. I can't figure out what the advantages/disadvantages would be, I know I could have anther assistant but I wouldn't want to because of the floor space I have. Also would I stay as a childminder if I did do this. As anyone registered as this? Thanks for all your reply's.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I didn't want to read and run as others seem to have done, but I guess they didn't know the answer either. Hopefully someone with a larger setting will read your post soon.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought there was on domestic and not on domestic. Have you googled this or put it into the ofsted website for an exact definisition. I know there is one on the form to get an assistant registered
    Debbie

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lick'le Oakes View Post
    Hi Can anyone tell me what the advantages and differences and disadvantages of childminding and childcare on domestic premises are please. I have to apply for planning permission to carry on childminding with my two assistants anyway and i'm wondering if I should apply as childcare on domestic premises. I can't figure out what the advantages/disadvantages would be, I know I could have anther assistant but I wouldn't want to because of the floor space I have. Also would I stay as a childminder if I did do this. As anyone registered as this? Thanks for all your reply's.
    This is how I read the requirements...the main difference is in the number of CMs providing Childcare on non Domestic Premises...you need 4 for that registration which is carried out on premises you may rent and have specific arrangements for the running of the business...often shared by the CMs
    their status will vary from being registered on your premises where you are the employer

As you say you have 2 assistants you are the one registered so they are employed by you with all the benefits of employment such as sick pay, holiday pay and minimum wage which is now £6.50 ph...you will need to pay them whether you are full or not with children as you are the employer

Hope that helps

Ofsted | Register to provide childcare on domestic premises
    Last edited by Simona; 08-10-2014 at 08:04 AM.

Feb 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for replies, I have been researching this, I have phoned Ofsted but they say they are not an advisory service which is really unhelpful, so I'm no wiser, thanks again though