Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Light Tray/Panel

Can I ask - does anyone have and use a light tray/light panel? I have the opportunity to purchase one but wondered if it was worth it?

What do you do with it?
    Debbie

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got a small light panel and I use it with shapes cut out of coloured acetate sheets and with these

Learning Resources Colour Paddles Set of 18 | Childrens Science & Social Studies

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wonderworld-.../dp/B00005BHUU

Essential Neon Shot Glasses 3cl - Pack of 40 | Partyrama.co.uk

Plan Toys 55231 Water Blocks: Amazon.co.uk: Toys & Games

I've also cut shapes out of black card (squares, triangles etc) and the children use them to make pictures.

The children can spend ages putting things on the light, moving them round etc. With the colour paddles they put one colour on top of another to mix colours.

If I had the chance of buying a decent sized light panel for a good price I'd jump at it, but couldn't really justify spending full price on one.

3. Likes Chatterbox Childcare liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

image.jpgimage.jpg

I use these. The lights are battery operated. Not as good as a light panel, which I would love as I have used many times in my past life. I already had the table, you can take the legs off and the lights in my Christmas box so I make do with this freebie.
    If you use them all the time the novelty goes, but now and then the excitement and interest and discovery is lovely to watch.
    Mine love colourful counters and jewels, make pictures and enjoy just moving them around. Lots of opportunities for counting and pattern work. I have translucent and transparent 3d shapes that they like to fill too. I have minibeasts which I thought they might like but they prefer to play with those in the garden.
    As Mouse said using dark card shapes works too - bit like shadow puppets, I cut out Rama and Sita story characters last year which gave another dimension and interest to the story.

If you can afford it I would buy it!

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I got a light box when dhs company were throwing it out! ( they were getting new super duper one )

It's big and heavy but the children love it. I only have it out occasionally ... But we use squidgy transparent numbers/letters/shapes, neon shot glasses, neon 'ice' cubes, those little transparent coloured ice cream spoons, autumn leaves, shapes and simple puzzles plus all sorts of other things that cross my mind!
    My friend has a 'lift out' puzzle that lost the back and that is great fun on the light box.
    Definitely a good thing to have if you can get one cheaply enough!

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

We have a company coming to the Pacey South West Forum on Saturday so think I will get one there.

thank you
    Debbie